Thursday, April 4, 2013

March Catch-Up

As I finished off a really busy month of work I couldn't believe how quickly the month of March went by!  Valentine's Day was over a month and a half ago, my parents were in town at the end of February into early March, and St. Patrick's Day was nearly 3 weeks ago!  Where is this time going?

I'm proud that I've been keeping true to my Resolutions that I'm still singing a new song at Karaoke every week, and last week's music began with 'Redneck Woman' and continued with one of my favorite Cher songs, 'If I Could Turn Back Time.'  I switched over to some alternative rock with Gabage's 'I'm Only Happy When it Rains' and 'Sober' by Pink.  My new song of the night was 'Disarm' by the Smashing Pumpkins and I was really happy with how well it went and can now play around with the key and improve upon it.  From then on it turned into a Musical night with a whole super-set from "Les Mis" and I did my best performance of 'On My Own.'  Closing out the night was a duet and also another new song for me, 'Dangerous Game' from "Jekyll & Hyde" which I've been dying to sing since seeing the show at The Pantages.

My other Resolution of doing something new once a month is also going strong since I saw Buckcherry at The Viper Room, went to watch my friend, Nick Amado, win Cabaret Idol, and traveled up the Coast to spend some time in Carmel with my family.  On top of all of that, I joined a March Madness League and am doing pretty well for not knowing anything about the College Basketball Teams.  The Final Four games are happening this weekend with the Championship Game on Monday, so fingers crossed that I'll win some prize money!

My Goal for April is to take some time to film something or shoot some new headshots.  I need to re-focus on my Acting and push myself to do something for me this month :)

No comments:

Post a Comment