Thursday, April 11, 2013

Love Potion #9

Last weekend my friend, Andrea, called me to ask if I would be available on Wednesday this week to shoot a short film with her friend, Blaze, in the style of "The Craft" and "Fatal Attraction."  I was intrigued and got a few details about the script from her and said I was in!
 
So on Wednesday afternoon, I grabbed the closest looking jewelry I had to an engagement ring and headed to her place in Hollywood where we would be filming just a few blocks away at Runyon Canyon.  I've hiked or ran the Canyon a couple times with some friends and aside from it being a good work-out it has an amazing view, not to mention, it made me realize everyone in LA has a dog and I want one!  AND I think every person that passed by was a model or actor...yes, we definitely live in LA.

I had just one scene between myself and Blaze; I play his wife and Andrea plays a crazy girl that falls in love with him and makes a potion to make him fall in love with her after she finds out that he's married.  It was a fun and flirty scene where we walked hand in hand and strolled through Runyon, joking and laughing.  Easy breezy and after a few takes the shoot was wrapped for the day.  I think everything will be finished in a few weeks so hopefully in May I'll have some new footage for my reel :)
Our Director & Lead Actor, Blaze, the Leading Lady and Crazy Girl, Andrea, and Wifey Lyndsey
A special shout-out and thank you to my Wolfie for having me come in and I'm so glad that we finally got to work on something together and will hopefully get to do it again soon!
PS. Check out that bling bling...woo!

*Filling in from last week at Karaoke I started the night with a few oldies, doing 'Be My Baby' by The Ronettes, and then 'Where Did Our Love Go' by The Supremes.  It's been forever since I sang Alanis Morissette's 'You Oughta Know' and next up it was Kelly Clarkson's 'Addicted' which is such a guilty pleasure song because it's so evil and edgy.  I ended up doing two new songs, the first being 'Try' by Pink, and then 'Belle' from "Beauty and The Beast" because a whole group of my friends were in and everyone decided to do a Disney song, it was a full on Disney Super-Set!  Khad, Carolyn, and I sang 'Baby One More Time' and then closed out with 'Candy' by Mandy Moore.  It was honestly great to see a bunch of my friends and have a really fun and upbeat evening at Karaoke!

No comments:

Post a Comment