Thursday, July 4, 2013

Karaoke Time!

After the June Gloom during pretty much the whole month, it was nice to welcome the sunshine back now that it's July!  It's been so hot in LA and almost humid.  Weird.  But I've been glad to get some tanning time in since I leave for Punta Cana on Saturday and want to make sure I have a good base tan going so I don't get burned! 

Singing to Friends at Gabe's!
Last week at Karaoke it was pretty mellow, which was nice after my Birthday Karaoke being fun and having lots of singers.  I started the night with 'You Know I'm No Good' by Amy Winehouse and since we had a group of Southern ladies and gentlemen sang 'Jolene' by Dolly Parton which they loved.  My new song of the night was 'Every Breath You Take' by The Police which I really liked singing and will sing again soon.  Foxy requested some Beatles and since I normally do 'Oh Darlin' I decided to switch it up and do 'Help' which is one of my Dad's favorite songs as well.  It was duet time at the end of the night, with a little Disney Super-Set of 'A Whole New World' and then I sang 'Part of Your World' which was fun!

This week at Karaoke was jam-packed thanks to 4th of July being the next day.  Plus, we had a couple Birthdays and my friends brought in some of their co-workers.  I think it's the longest wait I've had for people to sing, which always makes me sad because I want to give everyone an opportunity but also want to reward the people who are there early and ready to sing.  Thankfully, once most of the people sang their first song, they had a drink or two and then left so all my friends were able to sing at least twice.  We got a new computer at Gabe's which is very exciting but our History Folder was completely wiped, not to mention a Document I had been adding to for 2 and a half years of all the songs I have ever sang.  I'm not a huge fan of change, and losing all those songs brought on my anxiety right away but Judy made a good point, it's a transition into new and starting over which is always good.  So we all started from scratch and since 'Heartbreaker' by Pat Benatar was my first Karaoke song ever, I figured that would be a good song to start with.  Since the rotation was so long my next song was my new song and with the suggestions from friends decided on 'Jessie's Girl' by Rick Springfield.  It was a little low to start off but everyone knows that song so it's a great sing-a-long!  I closed out the night with Jewel's 'Don't' since everyone slowed it down on their last song.

So here's to starting over, starting new, bigger and better, and everything that's to come :)

Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment