Saturday, July 6, 2013

Mimosa Party B)

I remember when the Saint's & Sinner's crew would go out for Brunch on Sunday's and we'd get Mimosa's at Overland Cafe and we always had a blast.  Those bottles of Champles (champagne) wouldn't stop coming until 4 pm when Brunch was over and we would all leave giggly and sleepy after an awesome afternoon with friends.

Cuppy-Cakes
For my Birthday a couple years ago I started my Mimosa Sunday Party where I had friends come over, we'd eat snacks, appetizers, and cupcakes, and drink all kinds of Mimosa's.  Last year I did a BBQ and this year I made a couple different things since I just invited a few people to hang out.  I found a couple recipes on Pinterest, one for Cherry Beergarita's which involved, Tequila, Lime, Cherry Soda, and Beer which turned out very sweet but delicious.  I also made a Funfetti Dessert Dip for Animal Crackers that was super low on fat, since I used Fat Free Plain Yogurt and Cool Whip.  It's my new favorite dip!  I mixed together a couple types of salsa's, one spicy with beans, another with corn, and then a third with papaya and mango.  I also made cupcakes with bright blue frosting and little 'fishy's' swimming on top.  I was pretty proud of my spread :)
Jess & Lynds

So my friends and I sat by the pool, enjoyed some tasty food and snacks, sipped on some yummy mimosa's (I had Mango Juice, OJ, and Cran-Peach-Strawberry Juice), and finally the sun came out to play!  It was very chill and a perfect way to spend my Sunday after an insane work-week, and knowing I had work the next 7 days in a row, in addition to all the Birthday Party fun the previous week.

As much fun as my 30th Birthday Week was, I was happy to go back to normal and take a little break from drinking after Sunday.  I knew I was heading to Punta Cana in a couple weeks so I wanted to get back to eating healthy.  But I had such a great Birthday and was so happy to spend it with so many different friends and celebrate.  Thanks to all my friends for joining me during my Birthday festivities, to those who called, Facebooked, or texted me, and also to my family for making my 30th Birthday so very special!  I can't wait to see what happens during this year ahead!
Acquah and I give it Two Thumbs Up for an Awesome 30th Birthday Week

No comments:

Post a Comment