Wednesday, July 3, 2013

My Black & White 30th Birthday Party!

After a wonderful 30th Birthday at Gabe's for Karaoke I knew I still had a couple more parties the rest of the week and needed to prep for the next few nights.  I made it to work on Thursday morning, though the shots I had the night before tried to stop me, the Bloody Mary I had a couple hours after arriving at Irish Times got me back on track along with a little encouragement from Aimee!
Saint's & Sinner's Crew!
I had my actual Birthday Party at The Garage and it was a Black & White Party where everyone wears black and white, black, or white.  I was happy to see everyone showed up looking all spiffy and awesome and in proper Black & White Birthday Party attire ;)  Carolyn had given me the idea for it a couple years ago on her 30th Birthday Party, with all of us in our black and white, and she came in, in a beautiful Red dress.  I knew I was doing this a month prior to my party, and it was a matter of finding the perfect dress, and thanks to Emily for shopping with me the previous week we found it, and I loved my Hot Pink and Black Dress!

Roommates...Em & I!
Emily had gone early and decorated in The Motor Club as well as baked 2 different cakes so the place looked fantastic!  It was so great to see all my friends coming by, people I met nearly 8 years ago when I first moved to LA, or people I hadn't seen in a long time, and some of my closest friends and co-workers.  I tried to take as many pictures as possible since it's rare that we get to be all dressed up and looking fancy!

Around midnight, Emily brought out the cakes and everyone sang to me.  She had also set up this Birthday card which everyone signed and I loved reading all the fun little notes the next morning!  There were cocktails and shots, lots of Rumchata, but because I was making sure to get to chat with everyone, it was a very low-key drinking night, and I was happy to go home and soberly make Ramen (considering just a couple months ago, I gave myself 2nd degree burns on a late night Ramen-fest...ooops)!

Turning 30 was a big deal this year, (clearly since I was having a mini-mid-life crisis for a couple months leading up to it) but it was totally worthwhile when I realized my favorite thing about my Birthday was knowing it gave people a reason to come out and celebrate, people I haven't seen in a long time, and it's just nice to catch up with those friends.  I felt so lucky to have so many friends stop by, even if it was just a quick hello; it meant a lot and made me feel very special on my 30th Birthday!
Friends on my 30th Birthday!
*Thanks to Em for decorating for my party and making my 30th Birthday so incredible, and not scary at all, and to Bethany for setting up all the details and specials for all my friends in The Motor Club in addition to lending me the perfect necklace, and to Kristina for taking pictures all night long so I have memories on an incredible day :)  And thanks to everyone else for coming and making me smile! Cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment