Friday, June 28, 2013

Birthday Karaoke!

On June 19th, 2013 I turned 30 years old.  The couple months leading up to it were a little stressful; I was anxious and worried that I wasn't where I was supposed to be, that I should have accomplished so much more, and just sad for some reason.  As soon as the clock struck Midnight late Tuesday night and early Wednesday morning, I felt a sense of relief, an excitement, and contentment that I am doing great and I'm proud of all I've done and where I am.

Wednesday night I hosted Karaoke for my 80's Themed Party!  No costumes were required, just 80's music, all night long!  I had picked up a pair of Green Peep Toe 5 inch heels I had found a couple weeks prior and finally decided to buy them and knew they would be perfect for an 80's style outfit.  A bunch of my friends showed up and sang 80's music all night long, I was so happy to have them there and celebrate.  There were plenty of shots, and I tried to stick to vodka as much as I could, and I was just happy I had a designated drive to and from Gabe's.  Thanks Aimee and Andy :)
Aimee, Andy, and I at Gabe's for 80's Birthday Karaoke
 I started the night off with Joan Jett's 'I Hate Myself for Loving You' and then got a request for some Cher, so I did 'If I Could Turn Back Time.'  I did a couple new songs when everyone showed up, and getting the whole crew involved singing 'Here I Go Again' by Whitesnake and then did Taylor Dayne's 'Tell It To My Heart.'  McCracken and I did a duet of 'Faithfully' per his request, and I'm actually happy we did it, because I'm not a huge fan of that song, but us singing it together made it fun and fresh.  I closed out the night with 'Separate Ways' by Journey since that song debuted in 1983, and I was happy to sing songs from different year's throughout the 80's.  It was a blast!
Birthday Shots with Carolyn!
Judy baked me a cake and I got so many flowers my entire kitchen table was practically covered in vases and gorgeous bouquets!  It was great to hear some new and different 80's songs and just get to catch up with friends and have a great Birthday!  It was the perfect way to celebrate my 30th Birthday...thank you friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment