Friday, June 21, 2013

A Night out in WeHo!

Emily and I went out in West Hollywood last week since both of us had been so busy with work and finally had a free night off together.  We decided on Laurel Hardware and got into the line around 10:45 that night.  It's been a long time since I waited to get into a club, let alone a bar, and on a Thursday night at that...but luckily we only waited about 15-20 minutes and when we got inside, it was busy, and the bar area was packed, so it completely made sense for capacity issues.
Em and I at Laurel Hardware in West Hollywood
The last time I had gone to Laurel Hardware was after the Sara Bareilles show and I got their Beet Drink, which was called The Skinneas Fog.  It tasted a little like dirt but in a good way.  I actually loved the drink, I felt like it was healthy since it was dark purple in color from the beets, but had a nice lemon taste to it as well.  This time I ordered The Gangster which was Organic Cucumber Vodka with juiced Watermelon and Lime.  While it tasted delicious, I felt like there was little alcohol in it, and for $12 for a drink, I'm hoping it's at least got a little kick to it.
 
Emily and I surveyed the scene but ended up taking up a seat at the end of the bar where we could oversee the entire bar and restaurant in the back.  The music was rocking all night long and the Bartenders were super attentive and making sure our glasses were full, including my water glass (awesome), wiping down the bar, and clearing off napkins and empty glassware.  Nice job!
  
At the end of the night we had to laugh about the sign we had seen on our initial walk to the bar and the night wouldn't have been complete without taking a picture in front of it!  'Don't even think about parking here.'  You're thinking about it, admit it!
 
It was a fantastic Roommate Night and something we definitely need to do more often :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment