Monday, June 10, 2013

What's for Dinner? Part 14.

I've never been a huge fish fan, I don't like it to taste like fish when I'm eating it.  Who would have thought since I love sushi?  But I've been trying to get into it and more so, trying to make Dinner's revolving around fish for the main dish.  I've been perfecting my recipe and made Dinner for Mom and I while she was in town last week!

Tonight's Dinner included a Summer Peach Salad, Long Grain Wild Rice, Steamed Vegetables, and Tilapia in a Ginger Soy Marinade.

Summer Peach Salad
Arugula, Spinach, and Mixed Green Lettuce,
1 Peach 
Sweet Onion

Lemon Honey Viniagarette 
1 Lemon (Juiced)
1 Tsp Honey
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper

Ginger Soy Tilapia
3 Tilapia Fillets
Ginger Soy Marinade

My new favorite salad with dressing made from scratch!
I buy my Tilapia from Whole Foods because I feel like it's fresher than the fish you may get at Ralph's or Albertson's, and it's always very affordable.  As soon as I get home I marinate my Tilapia in a Ginger Soy Marinade (one day I will make my own marinade from scratch but for now, I just use a bottle marinade) for at least 1 hour.  Then I pre-heat my oven at 375 and put the Tilapia in a baking dish and once the oven is heated, place the aluminum foil covered dish on the middle rack in my oven for about 15 minutes.  You want your Tilapia nice and juicy, and once it flakes away easily, you know it's done.

While I waited for my fish to bake I cut up one peach and a sweet onion a friend of mine gave me from his garden.  I used about 1 and a 1/2 tbsp of onion and mixed everything together with the salad.  Then I made my Vinaigrette from scratch for the first time putting 1 tbsp Olive Oil right into the salad bowl, squeezed in the juice of one lemon, and 1 tsp of honey.  I put the lid on my bowl and shook it all up once I was ready to serve Dinner.

The fish flaked beautifully and the Ginger Soy glaze was light and gave it some flavor but certainly didn't overpower the taste of the fish.  The Peach Salad was probably my favorite part of the meal and one I will be making all Summer long!  I was really happy with the vinaigrette; it was sweet but not sugary and paired well with the peaches and onion.  Mom was also happy with the meal and impressed that she liked the fish too...YAY!
Dinner is served!
Overall, it was a really healthy meal packed with lots of flavor!  We enjoyed our meal with a bottle of Gewurztraminer Wine and even sat out on balcony chatting after Dinner!  Slowly but surely I'm getting over my fish fear :)

No comments:

Post a Comment