Sunday, December 29, 2013

Fantasy Football Semi-Final for Week 16 and Placing in Week 17

It came down to Monday night this past week to find out if I would be playing for the big money in the Championship this week but unfortunately, Vernon Davis had his worst game, not catching anything and didn't have any rushing or running yards therefore, scoring no points, and knocking me out of the Winner's Circle.  I out-scored my projections and beat every other team in the league but couldn't out-score The Dawg's who will take on Count Drunkula in the final.  I'll be playing for 3rd against the fallen Travel Belly's and hoping to win back my buy-in.  It's possible!

Cordarelle Patterson has proved to be a great pick-up and brought nearly 18 points and playing my other pick-up Emmanuel Sanders also was smart, even though I benched Cooper for him, playing Randle instead, and those extra points would have been what I needed to prevail against The Dawg's but with Cooper not doing much, I didn't think he'd be a winner with Randle and the Giants playing Detroit.  Per usual, Murray had a wonderful game but Jennings had an average game with McFadden back in but I have no doubts for this week's game!  Once again, my Kicker, Gostkowski brought in a huge game with 13 points and my Cincinnati Defense got me 24 points.  It's unfortunate I lost but I'm proud of my season and team for playing their best!
My Week 16 Match-Up
This week I picked up Michael Crabtree at WR since Sanders was Questionable and Randle hasn't had a good game in weeks thanks to my arch nemesis, Eli Manning.  I've got Cooper back in as well as Patterson who is already having an incredible game.  Even though Aaron Rodgers will be starting this week against the Bears in what's going to be a great game to make the play-offs I'm playing Foles who will also be looking for a play-off spot.  I had to laugh when I heard the analysts this morning talking about who to start at QB and they all said start Rodgers unless you have Foles, then you have to start him.  Of course, I have both of them.  

Most of the games are really important today in teams making the play-offs or having a home field advantage. Keep an eye on your favorite players and root for the best team, The Packers to make play-offs and bring an interesting season to fruition with a win today and perhaps a fun Superbowl in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment