Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Mom's Visit to LA!

Mom came to visit me almost two weeks ago so she could see me in my play, 'Babes in Toyland,' and luckily she found a great flight and we were able to spend a few days together before Christmas!

She got in on Friday afternoon so she came into The Garage to visit me at work that night and got to try one of my favorite meals, the Loaded Chips, and hang out with some of my regulars and friends.  On Saturday we had the play, which she loved.  Although, she started tearing up during one of my solo's and that almost made me cry but I was able to hold it together till after the show.  She got tons of pictures of me with the kids and there were lots of little ones at the show that day.  She also got to see me read in Church which was nice!  After that we had Dinner at Tender Greens which was delicious and had some Yogurtland and Game Night along with one of my favorite Christmas movies, 'Serendipity' later on since she had never seen it.
Mom with Me (Mary Contrary) after the play 'Babes In Toyland'
On Sunday I had set up a Brunch at Skylight Gardens in Westwood, with Unlimited Mimosa's and all sorts of goodies.  My Short Rib Eggs Benedict was incredible not to mention, there was no shortage of champagne.  We went next door right after Brunch to grab some espresso and coffee and I'm not joking, I had the smallest double espresso I have ever seen.  I think there was more in my sugar packet than my cup!  We took a nice long walk that afternoon and made Dinner at home, my Gnocchi & Tortellini Recipe and had a quiet night in :)
Brunch with Mom at Skylight Gardens
We spent a good part of Monday doing some shopping and then made my Carrot Soup for Dinner and went to The Castaway in Burbank for dessert and after-dinner drinks.  If you haven't been to The Castaway, the view is amazing, and even a photo doesn't do it justice.  On Tuesday we went for a walk in the morning before heading to the airport a couple hours later.

It was so nice to spend a few days with her, just me and her, having some fun here in LA and having her be at one of my shows.  Thankfully, I'll get to see Mom and the rest of my family in just a few days when I head back to Wisconsin for a nice long week for Christmas and the Holidays.

Check out my recipes here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment