Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Fantasy Football Week 14 Recap and Play-Off Spots for Week 15

In true form I went from a fantastic week to an average week and didn't meet my Fantasy points expectations.  Not that it would have mattered because Ditka's Dawgs out-scored their projections by 25 points and I lost by almost 60.  As the first games of Sunday began and I saw the snow storm happening in Philadelphia I knew it was going to be a tough week for me, thinking Nick Foles wouldn't get close to his projections because how could anyone catch any balls, and it was probably going to be a running game but he impressed me hitting his projections in the snow and Cooper found chemistry with his QB out-scoring his projections as well.  Wes Welker finally came back after a bad showing for the past month but got a concussion in the last quarter of the game which will cause him to more than likely miss his Thursday night game this week.  I can always count on DeMarco Murray and Gostkowski and Vernon Davis also had a good game this week.  My troubles came into play with my suggested pick-up of Donald Brown, a negative score from my Cincinnati Defense and yet again, darn you Eli Manning, it's got to be your fault that Cruz only got 4.2 points.
My Week 14 Match-Up
Since this week begins the Play-Offs for Fantasy Football I'm not going to get too in-depth with pick-ups because most league owners probably have their line-ups set and back-ups on deck in case you've had any late season injuries.  Since Rashad Jennings got a concussion in Week 13 and didn't play this past weekend along with Darren McFadden I picked up Marcel Reece who had an awesome game this past Sunday getting over 24 Fantasy Points.  I'm not sure I'd play him over Jennings if he's cleared for play but he's good to have in my back-up spot.  With Wes Welker out and inconsistent Wide Recievers on my team I could use another WR so looking at Cordarrelle Patterson isn't a bad idea.  He's scored a couple TD's in the past couple weeks and with Peterson out he's looking at more playing time.

I've got decisions to make in my QB, WR, and RB spots since injuries have plagued my team this season.  With the possibility of Aaron Rodgers return thanks to the win against Atlanta this weekend I'd love to put him back in his starting spot but I'm not even sure he'd play the entire game since they'll want to protect him if we get further into the play-offs and Nick Foles has been having an incredible season.  I've moved Riley Cooper up to my WR1 with Cruz at WR2 and Randle at my Flex position but I honestly don't trust any of them completely.  It would be nice to have a great WR for the next 2 weeks to count on during these tough play-off match-ups.  As for my RB I've just got to wait to see who is going to be playing this week.  There's no way I'd play Brown again so I've got Murray in for sure but need to decide on which Raider RB to play and that'll be a game-time decision.  It was a fluke this past week with Cincinnati and believe they'll come back and bring a strong Defense this week against Pittsburgh.

I'm still in 3rd place and playing the 6th place team, The Cowboy Monkeys, this week in the first round of play-off games.  There's a 6 point difference between our projected points with the Monkeys winning but I have faith in my team to come together and have an awesome week and start the play-off round strong to keep my 3rd place status and go into the 2nd round of play-offs next week.  Let's go Packers...I want to see a great game against Dallas this weekend; big points from DeMarco Murray, having to run the ball for TD's but with a Green Bay win overall :)

No comments:

Post a Comment