Monday, March 3, 2014

Hosting at NHRA's Winternationals 2014

Back in February after a fun meeting at the CarCast studios in Glendale I got asked by Alexis DeJoria's assistant if I'd like to attend the Drag Racing Competition in Pomona that weekend.  Since my Dad is an avid Drag Racer and fan of course I was interested in going to this huge opening event and checking out Alexis race and hopefully win.

Unfortunately, Alexis had a bad run on Sunday so she was knocked out in the first elimination round (although on Saturday she became the first woman in NHRA drag racing history to make a pass under 4 seconds).  Congrats to her for that but certainly a bummer to chat with her later in the hospitality tent and see her disappointment.  John Force whom I met at SEMA a couple years ago and my Dad's drag racing idol ended up winning the whole thing.\

I was able to get footage at the track as well as get some hosting shots to put together a short reel of the Drag Racing Winternationals in Pomona California.  I'm excited and happy to share it here :)
It was a fun day and I can't wait to hit up another race this 2014 season!
John Force and I at SEMA 2010 when I was Hosting for PowerTV

No comments:

Post a Comment