Sunday, March 9, 2014

Karaoke Nights!

Sunday's are my catch up day from a busy week of work and prepping for the following week.  I start it off with a great work-out or nice long walk through the neighborhood and today it was 80 degrees outside during my walk.  I had a work meeting this morning and when I got into my car I saw it was 90 degress...in March!  So it was the perfect walking weather :)

My friend Khad and his fiancee, Heike, have been in town for a couple weeks and were staying with me for a few days and we got everyone together for Karaoke two weeks ago.  I opened the night with 'Summer of 69' by Bryan Adams and switched it up to some Michael Jackson, 'The Way You Make Me Feel' for Art (our chef who loves when I sing that song).  My new song of the night was 'Paint It Black' by The Rolling Stones and was a really fun song to sing.  Since Carolyn was singing some R&B I decided to go with 'Don't Let Go' by En Vogue.  Khad had gone from Jim Croce to Meatloaf to Pearl Jam while Heiki sang Garth Brooks, Britney Spears, and Disney since she was a Disney Princess!  It became a Rent kind of night as I did 'Take Me Or Leave Me' with McCracken's friend, and then 'Light My Candle' with Neil.  The night wouldn't have been complete with a performance by Double Entendre as all the guys got together and sang 'I Want It That Way' made famous by the Backstreet Boys but only really rocks when these guys sing it!  We all closed out the night with 'Baby One More Time' by Britney Spears.  It was a full night of Karaoke and lots of fun!

This past week's theme was 90's music so I started off with 'Head Over Feet' by Alanis Morissette.  Next up it was country so I did Shania Twain's, 'Any Man Of Mine,' while my new song was Nirvana's, 'Come As You Are.'  I've been feeling the guys vibe lately for new music and I do like singing Kurt Cobain because it's totally different than my voice but I like to make it my own and have fun with it.  Since I had sang Nirvana I figured Hole would be another good 90's choice so I did 'Celebrity Skin.'  Yet another favorite 90's song that I didn't discover until 15 years after it was released was 'Possum Kingdom' by The Toadies.  Then once again, we all closed out the night with another Britney Spears song, 'Crazy.'  Throughout the night we heard songs by No Doubt, Weezer, Pearl Jam, Gin Blossoms, Matchbox 20, Joan Osbourne, Green Day, and songs from Aladdin and Moulin Rouge.  It was another great Karaoke night!

The theme night did really well this past week and it will certainly be a monthly addition to Karaoke.  Next time I'll try to give people notice so they can dress up because we all know everyone loves Halloween for that reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment