Sunday, March 9, 2014

This Week's Auditions!

I've been battling that sore throat that was making it's way around LA and a week later, avoiding alcohol (ok, I had 2 glasses of wine), and eating healthy, I feel like I'm almost back to normal!  Luckily, I had Monday off to take a little break and rest up before a busy week with two auditions in addition to my normal work schedule.

On Wednesday I had a Hair Audition in Woodland Hills for a Webcast.  I got there early and was told it was actually starting 15 minutes later than planned and when I got to the holding area there were about 50 people already waiting so I was glad I got there when I did.  By the time they started the casting about 20 more ladies had arrived.  They announced that for this Webcast they were looking for girls with thinner hair.  They needed a short-haired and long-haired model.  Thankfully, some of the girls knew they weren't right for the casting with their full thick curls or extra long hair and thanked the stylist and left.  They do give some instructions and this one included no processed hair so as the stylist dismissed the bleached blondes I wondered why they would want to waste their time knowing they couldn't be cast in this project.  We are all so busy in our lives, so driving out to Woodland Hills isn't a five minute trip, it took me an hour round-trip, I'd want to make sure I fit the exact description of the casting.  As the stylist walked through the mass of girls and came to me she approved me for the next round.  We got cut down to about 25 and after they went through the short-haired models they got to us.  Now we had the stylist and director checking out our hair and the director loved mine, saying it was so full and pretty, and then pulled it back.  The stylist asked if it would be too much, and he said it just might be, but thanked me for coming and said I had a great head of hair.  From other conversations I heard it sounded like they were doing updo's and adding in extensions and with a full head of hair, mine would be too thick for the look they were going for.  Now, I can't really be mad about this, not even disappointed.  I got a great compliment and made it to the second round.  Let's just hope the next Hair Casting I go to, that they're looking for full bouncy hair and maybe I'll get that one ;)

Yesterday, I filmed a video submission for a Smile Design Center.  It was a wordy script and since I also had to read in Church, I had lots of memorizing to do.  It needed to be taped on a phone for quality purposes (over a webcam) and Neil helped me out by shooting it for me (thank you for not wanting to kill me after all those takes).  I think I did about 50 takes and just couldn't get it perfect.  I am a perfectionist and for me, it either got too saleswoman with a sales pitch, or too best friend and lost that excitement and energy.  I hate to give up on something but knew I had to walk away because the longer I was working on it, the more frustrated I got.  I tried it sitting, standing, in my heels, without them, and everything in between.  Maybe I was being too hard on myself because as I watched all the takes today to decide which one I was sending my Agent, I picked out two that I was happy with, though not perfect.  My Agent got back to me this morning after I had texted him last night saying I didn't love any of them and he said, a good painter must know when to stop; Casting was looking for personality and delivery.  When he saw both I sent, he agreed that his favorite was also mine, and it was natural and personable, plus my gestures sold it.  So...fingers crossed on this one...

It was great to get back into the Audition game and will be happy for more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment