Monday, April 14, 2014

Bing's Birthday!

Last week was Ashley's (my first roommate in LA) Birthday!  She was celebrating with friends and starting at Freddy Smalls for Dinner and then hitting up Sports Harbor in Marina Del Rey.  I was Hosting for Afterbuzz so I met up with everyone at Freddy's, had a quick bite to eat, and then we all headed over to the bar.

It was nice to catch up with some of Ashley's friends I haven't seen in a while, and Carolyn and I got to spend a little time together as well.  They were doing Karaoke at the bar so of course, there had to be a 'Baby Got Back' performance from Bing & Gellar (Ash & Me).  We had a lot of fun with it so I decided to sing Whitney Houston's 'I Will Always Love You' for Ash since she's moving back to Hawaii in a few months.  I wasn't trying to make her cry but we both got sentimental and then reminded each other about one of my first Birthday's in LA where her and I drank fancy Champagne and ate cheese at 2 am in our kitchen just sitting on the floor laughing.  Those were some great times!
Carolyn, Ashley - The Birthday Girl - and Me at Sports Harbor
Ashley & Carolyn are two of my closest friends here in LA, and two girls I've known the longest since I moved out here over 8 years ago.  I'm so lucky to have two amazing ladies in my life :)

Since I sang some Karaoke at Ashley's Birthday, here's last week's Karaoke set-list from Gabe's!  I started with Dolly Parton's 'Jolene' and went right into my new song of the night which is from Moulin Rouge 'One Day I'll Fly Away' which Nicole Kidman sang in the movie.  It's such a beautiful song.  Next up I did 'Wonder' by Natalie Merchant and was requested to sing some Pat Benatar, so I rocked out to 'Promises In The Dark.'  To close out the night, Carolyn and I sang 'Shoop' by Salt N' Pepa and had so much fun singing and dancing!  It was a great Karaoke night!

That started off a great week with friends and with my final rehearsals for 'Wizard Of Oz,' it was a full week of fun and creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment