Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Extra Hosting Audition!

I had a fun audition last week for a Hosting segment on Extra.  This Hosting position was talking about Hot Deals, which could range from fashion to products.  I was excited and a little bit nervous knowing this was a big audition but that it was an awesome opportunity as well!  Right before I went in, I got a great pep talk from my Agent and was ready to go!

Matching Maria & I at the Afterbuzz TV Studios ;)
There were no sides ahead of time but when I got to the audition they had some information waiting for us.  The first thing I noticed was that every girl that was in the room, there were six of us, had bright royal blue on; either a dress or skirt and top with bright blue in it.  Clearly, it's the in-style color of the moment!  It's one of my favorite colors and I have a couple different dresses like that in my close but I was glad to set myself apart by wearing a navy dress that was fitting for the Extra style that Maria Menounos usually wears.  Foreign Exchange has become one of my new favorite stores and luckily I had just gone shopping that weekend and this dress was perfect for the audition.

After reading through three separate deals including pricing, options, celebrity fans, and other information for about 20 minutes I was memorized and it was my turn.  There were a few people in the room, in addition to another Host that was introducing our segment and playing off the information I was giving.  I really had a lot of fun with it and felt confident about the products.  The room seemed to enjoy my enthusiasm for the deals and it was one take and I was done.  Whew!

I just checked Extra.com today to see if any news had gone up and saw that they just hired someone a couple days ago and their first video went up today.  Even though it didn't work out this time I'd love to work for a show like Extra because of the opportunity to grow and learn from talented Hosts in a field that is interesting and exciting for me!  Hopefully I'll get called in for another project with them sometime soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment