Friday, February 28, 2014

Resolution Check-In!

We finally got some rain in LA this past week and rain makes me want to relax on the couch and watch old black and white movies with take-out and a bottle of wine.  Alas, I've got work later tonight at The Garage and I'm hoping people will want to come out and have some beer and tasty food to get out of the house during this dreary week!

Salted Caramel Goodness...
Since it's the last day in February I figured it was the perfect time to check in on my 2014 Resolutions.  I've certainly tried new Happy Hour and Restaurants in the past two months, trying Buffalo (in burger form) for the first time in January along with FIVE new restaurants during Dine LA week.  All my Dine LA restaurants have blogs dedicated to them in addition to instagram pictures.  This month I've had Happy Hour at Akasha and Dinner at Sage, a new Vegan restaurant in Culver City.  At Akasha I had a mushroom flatbread which was so good but very light so I had plenty of room for the bourbon salted caramel chocolate cake with ice cream.  Since it was Happy Hour I had to try their Citrus Germain which was vodka, elderflower liqueur, lemon bitters and agave.  It was really refreshing!  At Sage I had a mushroom and leek burger with sliced mango and a saffron aioli which was delicious and perfectly spicy in addition to amazing chocolate espresso vegan ice cream.

As for trying new things and going out of town more often, I went to Pomona for the Drag Racing Winternationals, which was also a great Hosting day since I filmed clips for another Hosting Reel I'm currently working on.  I spent a few days in Phoenix for a friend's wedding and got to enjoy beautiful 80 degree days with good people, hiking mountains, and lots of wedding fun.  I saw another Troubadour show in January as well as my first ever Three Doors Down concert which was incredible!  I've even tried some new recipes that I'm just perfecting before I post them :)
Afterbuzz TV Headshot

Advancing my career in new ways was creating this new Hosting Reel after being in Pomona for the Drag Races and also having my first meeting with my Agent to set up a plan for what we want to target in the next few months.  I'm gaining more experience at Afterbuzz TV and have had some incredible meetings with new ideas and have already set them in motion.  Getting my ideas up and running is making sure I've got my content available for people to see.  I blogged and instagramed all my Dine LA experiences because I love food and I'd love to be able to go out to restaurants and try new dishes and talk about it and I'm getting great feedback on it as well!

I'm pretty happy with how 2014 has started and thanks to the Happiness Challenge I did in January I'm continuing with the positive and getting rid of the negative.  Make sure you're surrounding yourself with people who make you feel happy and better about yourself and the future.  There's no use in keeping people in your life who make you question yourself or doubting your inner happiness.  Rock on 2014!

To follow me on Instagram check out: http://instagram.com/lyndseywegner#

No comments:

Post a Comment