Friday, February 12, 2016

December & January Karaoke

Since I was home for most of December I only had one week of Karaoke at Gabe's that month and I figured I'd do a quick post and catch up with last month's Karaoke as well!

Pat Benatar "Hit Me With Your Best Shot"
The Fugee's "Killing Me Softly"
Tom Petty "American Girl"
Edwin McCain "I'll Be"
Fuel "Falls On Me"
Colbie Callait & Jason Mraz "Lucky"

The Eurythmics "Here Comes The Rain"
Wilson Phillips "Hold On"
Natalie Merchant "Wonder"
Lionel Richie "Penny Lover"

Pat Benatar "Treat Me Right"
Tracy Chapman "Give Me One Reason"
David Bowie "Rebel Rebel"

Pat Benatar "Love is a Battlefield"
Gretchen Wilson "Redneck Woman"
Journey "Faithfully"
Nickelback "How You Remind Me"
Fleetwood Mac "Gold Dust Woman"

Pat Benatar "Hit Me With Your Best Shot"
Shania Twain "That Don't Impress Me Much"
Counting Crows "Mr. Jones"
Taylor Swift "Blank Space"
Jewel "Don't"
Olivia Newton-John & John Travolta "You're The One That I Want"

As a big fan of Tom Petty, I thought I'd try "American Girl" as my new song that week.  "You Got Lucky" is my personal favorite but "American Girl" is much more upbeat and fun!  When I came back from my time in Wisconsin, it was back to work at Gabe's that next day in January.  In honor of my Mom I closed out the night with my new song, "Penny Lover," which we used to dance to when I was a little girl.  It's one of the first memories I have of her and I together.  Since David Bowie passed on that following week I decided I had to pay homage to him with at least one song so I did "Rebel Rebel" since we didn't have any songs from 'Labyrinth.'  The next week I sang Nickelback's "How You Remind Me" which was actually fun to sing and everyone sang along with it!  I closed out the month with "Blank Space" by Taylor Swift and it was another sing-a-long!  I loved all of my new songs for those weeks but would practice the Taylor Swift song just a little more to be prepped for it!

January was a pretty busy month overall, with lots of people coming in and visiting.  It was nice to be back to work after a long break.  And I'm super thankful for Jamie, since she covered my shifts while I was gone and I heard only great things about her Hosting!  Thanks Seester :)

No comments:

Post a Comment