Thursday, February 2, 2012

Casting & Karaoke

My Current Headshot :)
Once a month I get a Casting Newsletter that always has some useful information for us actors.  It was the 3rd time in a week that I heard or read, your headshot should sell you as a role, it's your advertisement for what you could be.  It sounds pretty basic, but I think sometimes we forget that, we just think if it looks good, then it'll work, but that Casting Director needs to see you as the character they are casting.  Any tips you can get from the CD are always beneficial to your career!  Perhaps I keep coming across this info because I'm getting my new headshot printed very soon and I need to get some feedback on my current headshot?  Opinions?  Could I be one of the girls on '90210', the girl next door, the snobby mean girl, the artsy fashionista?  Rachel or Monica from 'Friends?'  The Girls on '2 Broke Girls?'  Zooey Deschanel's character, Jess, a quirky teacher on the new TV  show 'New Girl?'

Speaking of headshots, I think I'm shooting a new set very soon.  I always say I want to get some Kim Kardashian style headshots and then end up just doing Lyndsey, so one of these days I need to go all out with a smokey eye, lashes, and pumped up lips!  As I spoke to a friend at Karaoke later, she mentioned that my outfit was a headshot I should shoot.  Jeans and boots with a button down, very girl next door, innocent, natural make-up and hair.  The more I thought about it, the better idea it became, because it could sell me as a younger high school age character and just a natural farm girl type which was what worked for me while I was hosting car videos for Power TV.  How I wish I could get a job for the Speed Network and Hosting about working on cars or racing!  Last year I was working for PowerTV and traveling all over the US for Car Shows like SEMA and PRI and it was such a blast with a really fun crew, not to mention, I was the only girl :)  It got me more interested in cars and working on them because it was new territory for me, even though I spent many days in my Dad's Auto Body Shop, helping him wash cars, pressure clean them, even help with changing the oil and sanding my own car so it could be painted. Here's my Hosting Reel for PowerTV!
Last night I Hosted Karaoke at Gabe's after almost a 2 week hiatus.  I really missed my job and my regulars and it was nice to hear that they missed me as well and were interested in how my job went in Spokane, which I was very excited to talk about!  We had another busy night of Karaoke which makes it more fun because the time flies and everyone is ready to sing on their next turn.  Continuing with my Resolution, I tried Mariah Carey's 'Someday,' which was a challenge but fun.  I like to experiment with new songs, and also sing songs I haven't sang in a while like 'Lights' by Journey.  Definitely a very positive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment