Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My LOVE for Cupcakes!

For those of you who don't know, Cupcakes, are one of my favorite things in the entire world!  They are a great Birthday present, and also, the perfect gift for anytime.  They are thoughtful, sweet, fun, and cute; not to mention, they are the perfect size to eat at any occasion.

Meggan's Superbowl Party was coming up on Sunday, so it was Dessert Time for me.  I usually make cupcakes and decorate depending on the occasion.  Luckily, my errands on Friday led me to Valentine's Day cupcake batter, so it was a Vanilla Cake with red accents.  So there I sat, on Saturday afternoon making my cupcakes.  I had also picked up some white Vanilla Frosting, which I dyed a beautiful shade of blue.  Trust me, it's difficult to get the right shade of Patriot Blue, as I didn't want it to be too bright, so I even added a drop of green and yellow dye, and luckily got a very bright shade of blue.  I knew I could have experimented to get a deep blue, but I had to be overly-cautious, because I didn't have enough time to practice with color.  I ended up with perfectly baked cupcakes and in my opinion, perfect frosting.  I did frost them on my own, because my helper was more interested in eating the frosting and my anal retentiveness, along with my wanting no lines in my frosting, forced me to eventually do the job on my own.   

Meggan had out-done herself with two infused vodka drinks.  The first being a Basil, Jalapeno, and Bacon infused Vodka, and the second being Mango, Watermelon, and Pineapple.  I had to try both, so I started off with a Bloody Mary, perfect for the start of the Football Game, and also perfect for checking out Aaron Rodgers Pre-Game :)  It was super spicy, but kicked off the game!   I switched over to the Fruity Vodka after the first drink and was able to enjoy Shrimp Dip, Chicken Lettuce Wraps, along with a Sausage and Corn Dip which was incredible.  Needless to say, we were all well-fed!

Superbowl 2012 Crew!
Although, the game didn't end the way I wanted it to, (with a Patriots Victory,) I was so glad to be spending time with some great friends.  My only quip...it's a Superbowl Party, if you're not interested in the game, and the invite says, 'Superbowl Party,' be fair to the people who are there to watch the game, and allow them to enjoy it.  As Actors, we all love to see our friends in commercials, and hope we can be there in them someday as well, but as Sports Fans, it's the Superbowl, a once a year event, and darn it, I want to see the game!

So...Go Pack Go!  I expect to see a Packer Victory next Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment