Sunday, February 26, 2012

Cues & Chalk

After Dinner on Saturday Night, Neil and I decided to go out and have a drink, and do something we don't normally do, so we went into Gabe's for Karaoke (which is not our usual night we go in), to play some darts or pool.  No cocktails for me, so I ordered a Blue Moon with a splash of OJ, because I can't drink soda either...no hard alcohol is proving to be a challenge and I like it!

Neil and I set up to play some pool, put our quarters in and started our first game.  There are two tables at Gabe's, and no one is playing at the table next to us, and this guy comes and puts down a roll of quarters...A ROLL!  Neil and I look at each other, we're playing for fun, and clearly playing together, why would someone put down quarters on a table when there is an open table next to us?  Then I get called to sing, and I figure they'll move to the next table, and the guy actually asks Neil if we're going to finish our game or not?  I could understand if the other table was full, and in that case, I would have passed my turn to sing so we could finish our game and be polite to those who fairly put money down, but this was kind of ridiculous.  Literally, seconds after the game is done, the guy is putting his quarters in and racking the remaining balls on the table.  Neil and I decline the game (and trust me, we would have won), but it was more the principle of the matter...we were there to have fun and play together and someone came in to be competitive and just weren't in that kind of mood.  So I got another buck in quarters and put money in the table next to them.  Neil and I were able to play in peace for the rest of the night :)

Both of us got up to the mic to sing a couple times and I didn't even plan on it, but sang a new song, and did 'Joey' by Concrete Blonde.  I can't wait to do it again when I actually know it better because it's a good song choice as Simon Cowell would say.  Neil killed 'Why Georgia Why,' by John Mayer too!  I'm going to be Hosting Karaoke on Saturday Night this next week because I'll be filming for '1000 Ways to Die' on Friday, so it was kind of nice to get a feel for the Saturday crowd.

And if you're wondering who won the pool game...it was definitely a good match but Dubbs came out on top...I'm sure a re-match is in order.  Perhaps that's why you always want to play Darts, Daly ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment