Thursday, August 2, 2012

It's already August?!?

Can you believe how quickly the Summer has flown by...before I knew it, it was May and the weather was getting to be perfect in LA, then it was my Birthday in June, and all of a sudden it was 4th of July and now August!  Where does the time go?!?

Considering how quickly the past couple months have gone by, yesterday at Karaoke was quite a change.  It was by far the slowest beginning to my night since I started...a couple of us sang at 9:45 pm to get the night going but didn't sing again until after 11 pm!  I couldn't believe how slow it was...and of course, at 11:30 the bar just filled up and we had Karaoke singers just waiting for their next song, and I went until after 1:15 am because I wanted to give everyone a chance to sing one last time.

I actually don't mind when it's quiet, I can catch up with some of the regulars, my favorite Bartender, Amy, and yesterday the Olympics were on, so I was watching that.  Go USA!  I got the night started with a little Eurythmics and felt like it was going to be a more soulful kind of quiet night and I was right.  It didn't get loud until later on when we had a rowdy group come in and sing some Flock of Seagulls, Queens of the Stone Age, and Metallica.  I was so excited to see Jamie as it had been forever since she had come to Karaoke, and Khad was with her, and they were trying some new songs for the night so that was awesome!  Khad sang a new Jim Croce song, and reminded me yet again that I need to learn 'Jackson' so we can duet that.  Jamie sang some Deana Carter and reminded me about the 'Rent' song we want to try together!  My new song of the night was En Vogue's 'Don't Let Go' and I was super scared of the song initially, but once it got started, it was right in my range and I felt a connection with the song, and normally even if you can't tell, I'm a little nervous or shy with people watching me and for some reason this song just felt like I was born to sing it and everyone seemed to be enjoying it.  Of course, I was reminded that the song came out in 1996 or 1997 which is at least 15 years ago at this point but what a fun song to sing!  I highly recommend it :)  Debbie and Judy both came in, Judy singing some Patsy Cline and Debbie trying some new songs by Madonna and dancing her heart out!  Jamie's last song was 'Gravity' and she asked me to close with a Jewel song and since I haven't seen her in so long, she was my deciding vote!

Overall, it ended up being an eventful night with good people and lots of fun.  If it had been that busy all night, no one would have been able to sing as much so it's always a nice perk when everyone gets to sing a few songs and get to have their Karaoke fix for the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment