Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Magazine Test Shoot

Monday was an exciting day because I was re-signing with my Agent at Commercial Talent Agency for another year.  I'm hoping that I'll go out on more Auditions this year than last, and continue the bigger and better trend that she's helped to create!  I'm working hard but I can always do more so I've just got to keep it up and it will pay off.

On my way out of the office in West Hollywood, I was walking up a hill off of Sunset Blvd to my car when one of the Star Tour Buses was driving up and pointing out the celebrity homes in the area when I heard a beep beep beep.  I turned to look and heard the person on the PA say, 'Folks, we have our first celebrity sighting, it's J.Lo.  We've got J.Lo. right here!'  People started pulling out their camera's and started taking my picture when I realized they were talking about me!  What?!  I had to laugh and smile because I actually did look a little like her with my hair in a bun on the top of my head, jean shorts, gold wedges, and a bright orange top, plus my Ray Ban style glasses.  'J.Lo. smile for your fans, wow, we got to see one!' was the last thing I heard before they turned the corner at the top of the hill.  And that was my brush with fame for the day, quite exciting :)

Yesterday, I was doing a Test Shoot for a Car Magazine in Alhambra.  A Test Shoot is basically a practice shoot before shooting an actual magazine spread.  This way, a photographer can get a feel for your personality and style and see how you are to work with.  I pride myself on being prepared and on-time, so when the Photographer said to be there by 7, I asked if I could come at 6:30 pm so I could freshen up and relax just before our shoot and he happily obliged my request.  Before I left for the shoot I packed 2 bags.  I had tons of clothing options and a whole duffel bag full of shoes and boots.  Of course, I only ended up wearing one pair of heels, and that's usually how it goes.  We did 5 different looks at the shoot, all very edgy and super high-fashion with all these different angles.  As we peeked at the photos throughout the shoot I was excited because first of all, I looked tall (yay!) and this was a totally different style than I've ever shot.  This photographer shoots for the magazine all the time and we worked so well together!  We made a great team and I felt comfortable around him and adventurous to try new poses, even if it wasn't perfect it made things unique and we found some great angles because of that.

We finished the shoot at 9 pm and I felt like we got so many varieties and I think going through the photos to find a few to keep is going to be very difficult.  I'm hoping that my knowledge of cars and experience at Car Shows will give me an edge and help me to be one of the models featured in the magazine!  Fingers crossed everyone!!

Oh, and I ate Pizza last night for Dinner...isn't that what all models do after a shoot :P

No comments:

Post a Comment