Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Fantasy Football Week 7 Recap and Projections for Week 8

My streak is over and it's back to normal for my Fantasy Football Team as yet again, Eli Manning, messed with my Winning Streak, breaking his losing streak, but causing me to be in 3rd place with a 5-2 record.  Last week's score blew me out of the water by over 60 points and this week, I had some low-scoring players including Arian Foster who got me just over 1 point and went out in the first quarter and was seen wearing sweats on the sideline.  It was almost as bad as seeing Jay Cutler riding the exercise bike after he got taken out of the Packers/Bears Play-Off game a couple years ago.  Once again I had another terrible week with Kenbrill Thompkins not even getting 2 points, but thankfully Stevan Ridley had a decent week and out-scored his projections.  I counted on Aaron Rodgers and the Packers Defense who both out-scored their projections and my other QB & Defense options.  But Victor Cruz and Vernon Davis were huge disappointments this week with their low Fantasy points.  It's pretty bad when your kicker out scores over half your team!
My Week 7 Match-Up
Unfortunately there were quite a few injuries this week, with yet another one of my Packers going out, and another player will have to step up to fill the shoes of Jermichael Finley.  Let's talk pick-ups for Week 8 starting with my Pack; Andrew Quarless will be taking Finley's place and since Aaron Rodgers loves to move the ball around, he may be a good pick-up even if he's only had 28 catches in his career with the Packers.  I'm not sure what St. Louis is going to do without a QB and their only option right now is Kellen Clemens who has 7 TD's and 13 Interceptions.  It's been rumored Tim Tebow may be brought into the mix but we'll just have to see what happens.  You can't be sure if either are worth a pick-up.  On the other hand, Roy Helu the RB for the Redskins got 3 TD's this past weekend so he'd be a good option since the byes and injuries are heavy this week.  With Reggie Wayne out, Darrius Heyward-Bey will be taking over and could prove to be a smart choice as long he holds onto the ball.

Thankfully, McFadden is back after his Injury in Week 5 and Bye last week so I'm playing him in Arian Foster's place since both he and DeMarco Murray are out for at least another week or two.  I'm trusting Ridley to have another good week and hopefully he can just hit his projections.  I'm looking forward to a huge game for the Packers against Minnesota and putting my faith in my boys for a great game.  It's still up in the air for my Flex player as The Gronk is back and Thompkins will barely see any touches and with Minnesota not really having a QB in Freeman just yet, Jennings may not see the ball as much as he should, even though I know he'd love to score against his former Packer Team.  I'm playing Jennings since he may be looking for revenge!  

I've got an over 100 Point Projection again this week so let's hope last week was just a fluke and I gain some points back and get back up in the Top 2 positions in my Fantasy League!  I'm coming for you Dawgs again in Week 14!  We're at the half-way point in games this season so you can still get to the top of your league with smart decision-making and avoiding anyone that can be affected by Eli Manning.  Let me know how your team is doing and good luck winning your Week 8 Match-Up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment