Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Fantasy Football Week 8 Recap and Projections for Week 9

Woo Hoo...I won my Match-Up this week and had the highest points in our league!  I'm still in 3rd place but my point total is the 2nd highest and I'm playing against the 2nd ranked team in our League, Travel Belly.  I did a lot of swapping out on Sunday, taking out Greg Jennings to play Michael Floyd who got 8+ points more than Jennings and playing my Bengal Defense over the Packers who out-scored them by 21 points.  Darren McFadden had a great game and the highest point total this week for RB's and I was worried that Ridley would have an average game but even he scored a TD.  My original Projection was actually lower than listed in my Match-Up because I took out Jennings and the Packers D so I actually scored 40 points over my projections which was necessary after a low-scoring game last week.  In my first Match-Up with Trojan Man I beat him by less than a point so this was a well-deserved victory this week!  
My Week 8 Match-Up
For pick-ups this week at RB you might think of picking up Andre Ellington from the Cardinals as he had an 80 yard TD last week and 162 yards total; not a bad day for Arizona.  Montee Ball may not have started off strong but after a good game last week and the fact that Moreno hasn't been out on the field as much and Hillman's missing scoring opportunities, Manning may look to Ball to take the pigskin into the end zone.  After an injury in Week 3, Lance Moore is back and ready to score, getting a TD last week, and since Jimmy Graham is still not 100%, Moore will be seeing the ball more ;)  Kenny Stills, another Saint's WR has had a great couple of weeks with 3 TD's and seeing far more snaps even with Moore back in action.  He might be a good Flex spot this week.  The Bengals had a phenomenal Week 8 showing against the Jets with Marvin Jones scoring 4 TD's and catching every pass thrown to him.  That's huge and he might be taking a place on my team!

All my starting Wide Recievers are on a Bye this week and since Bowe and Jennings have been pretty much a bust weekly I had to pick up another WR since my recent pick-up Floyd is also on his Bye.  I'm hoping Ted Ginn Jr can exceed his projections and my other WR's can hit theirs.  I might pick up one more WR and swap out one of my current guys but we'll see how Player Stats are looking this weekend.  Since Vernon Davis is also on Bye I'm counting on Kyle Rudolph from the Vikings to score some points at TE.  Demarco Murray will be back this weekend and although Foster is questionable I may keep McFadden in and hope for another great week out of him.  I'm glad I can count on my Kicker to bring me some points each week!

Currently, my points are higher than Travel Belly's so as long as my team hits their projections and Belly's hit par I'll be up for a win and in 2nd place!  All that Drafting and making sure I didn't have players on the same Bye was fine and dandy at the beginning of the season when I thought I could count on my guys at the WR position but now it's up to fate and the Fantasy Football God to bring me a W this week.  Let's Go Dudes!

No comments:

Post a Comment