Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Fantasy Football Week 10 Recap and Projections for Week 11

I'm on a 2 game losing streak and starting to get a little frustrated with the injuries that continue to plague my team.  Not to mention, a bad suggestion from the Cowboy Monkey's to sit Randle since I was already playing Cruz, and why would I play two WR's from the same team?  Well, that decision brought me a loss, and had I played Randle, I would have beat the Monkey's (no pun intended) by 0.7.  My advice friends, go with your gut, and trust it!  I'd be tied for 2nd place right now (only being on the bottom end of that because I have fewer points than The Dawgs).  My pick-up of Foles was right on since he out-scored his projections by over 8 points and at least I could count on DeMarco Murray to bring in over 15 points with my Cincinnati Defense rounding out my double digits with 17 Fantasy Points.  My decision to pick up Justin Tucker was good since he got 9 points but Wes Welker, Victor Cruz, Vernon Davis (who went out with an injury) and Marvin Jones brought in a total of 6.9 points against their projected point total which would have been 34.72.  Horrible.
My Week 10 Match-Up
For pick-ups this week and starting with Running Backs, I'd take a look at Dennis Johnson considering Ben Tate still isn't 100% (but if Tate is still available in your league, pick him up) because he's taken over Arian Foster's role, now that he's out due to necessary back surgery.  That's my #1 draft pick lost to an injury...fantastic!  Since I lost Mike James, who went out with what's been listed as a broken ankle, in the first quarter just before he could score a TD I picked up Rashad Jennings (who I suggested last week) since he seems to have taken over for Darren McFadden who is still doubtful to return this week and seems to enjoy sitting on my bench nursing his injury.  Yet another RB to look at would be Danny Woodhead and although he was a bust for me when he played on the Patriots he seems to have found his groove with the Chargers and is projected over 10 points this week.  After having to drop yet another player because of an injury, in place of Michael Floyd, a good WR pick-up would be Andre Roberts who caught 5 passes for 72 yards and got a TD.  The Charger's have given up the 4th most fantasy points to Wide-Outs, so Rishard Matthews from from the Dolphin's may be a good WR choice.  He scored 2 TD's with 120 yards on Monday night!  And if you're still looking for a QB, Case Keenum is proving himself for the Texans, Nick Foles is bringing the heat on the Eagles and Matt Flynn has re-joined the Packers, even though he won't be starting this week.  Flynn is a great pick-up for the Packers and he clearly has chemistry with the team and we need him around if we want to make the Play-Offs and get another Superbowl win!

I'll be starting Ridley and Jennings at the RB position this week with Riley Cooper in my flex position since he is an undeniable talent when catching passes from Nick Foles.  I think that Welker and Cruz just had off weeks and will be back on the points game this week since I'm playing The Green Bush Shorts who took my 3rd place position and I want to be back on the top!  He is projected almost 20 points more than me but I just need a monster week from my team and hopefully Vernon Davis will be healthy this weekend.  I've got Gostkowski back as my Kicker and my Cincinatti Defense against Cleveland so it is possible!

Guys, eat your Wheaties, drink your milk, and up your vitamins!  I know this is a tough game and obviously very hard on your bodies, but something needs to change so everyone isn't so injury-prone.  Having the Bye weeks has been challenging enough but then with my players out due to injuries, it's been down-right difficult to get a win.  Thankfully, the Bye weeks end after next week so we can get back to the real game and let our players decide our fate :)  Good Luck in Week 11!

No comments:

Post a Comment