Friday, November 22, 2013

I kind of want a wallet with a chain...

Ever since I wore a chain wallet for my Aaliyah Halloween Costume at Gabe's for Karaoke I've tried to figure out a way I could walk around in my daily life wearing one of my own.  I'm not sure if it's really practical for me, considering I wouldn't even put anything in the wallet, I just like the way it looks but there's just something really fun and rock & roll about it!

My Aaliyah 'Are You That Somebody'
Costume at Gabe's on Halloween
Two weeks ago at Karaoke it ended up being a pretty slow night but I had a couple friends in so there was a lot of singing happening all night long.  I wanted to sing songs I hadn't sang in a while so I started with 'One Of Us' by Joan Osborne and then did Ella Fitzgerald's version of 'Don't Get Around Much Anymore,' which is such a fun jazzy song to sing.  Next up was 'Don't' by Jewel and according a girl at Gabe's, she didn't even know who originally sang it, and she didn't want to hear it, because she loved my version of it.  It was an incredibly sweet and genuine compliment that I really appreciated :)  There were a couple duets throughout the night, mostly from "Rent."  I did 'Another Day,' then switched to "Jekyll & Hyde" and did one of my favorites, 'A Dangerous Game.'  It was Neil and I's best performance of 'Like We Never Loved At All,' and then I brought a little rock & roll back doing Pat Benatar's 'Promises In The Dark.'  My new song of the night was 'Sunny Came Home' by Shawn Colvin, a song that was popular when I was in 8th grade.  I closed out the night with 'On My Own,' from "Les Miserables."  It was a fun and crazy night!

This past week at Karaoke, on a rainy Wednesday night, the "Rain Theme" came in full effect as people started singing songs with Rain in the title.  It's amazing how the weather can change the mood at Karaoke but even though it was a deary night, everyone was enjoying the rain and having a lot of fun.  I started with 'It Must've Been Love' by Roxette and then did 'Baby Baby' by Amy Grant.  I'd heard Bruno Mars on my run earlier in the week so I decided to do 'Grenade' by him while my new song of the night was 'Rain' by Madonna.  Since I had a couple friends in that night and there was this rock and metal vibe going on I did 'Possum Kingdom' which I had a lot of fun with.  I seriously love that song!!  I closed out the night with Guns & Roses 'November Rain' since it was raining in November.  I'm always surprised that people don't know that song, because it's my favorite Guns & Roses song.

I could have easily worn a chain wallet at Karaoke the past two weeks especially when I'm singing a rock song but maybe it's best for me to save that for a costume and special occasions ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment