Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Fantasy Football Week 12 Recap and Projections for Week 13

I'm not quite sure how it happens but I have an incredible week with over 130 points and the next I'm scoring less than 70.  Two of my star players had one of their worst weeks with Victor Cruz scoring just 0.7 points and Wes Welker with 3.62.  I ended up playing Stevan Ridley over DeMarco Murray which was a mistake considering Ridley scored NEGATIVE 0.6 thanks to a fumble in the first quarter and was benched immediately following it.  Case Keenum was a bust only scoring 5.96 and those 4 players, had they scored a combined 31 extra points would have helped me beat Count Drunkula.  I barely hit 50% of my projected points!  Unfortunately, the rest of my team did a pretty good job with my Houston Defense bringing in 16 points, my NE Kicker bringing in 10, and Rashad Jennings and Vernon Davis bringing in 12 a piece but my other players blew it.  Thankfully, I'm still in 3rd place with a 7-5 record.
My Week 12 Match-Up
Since the Bye weeks are over I can bring back some of my players from the bench but let's talk about a few pick-ups since there were some injuries that plagued Week 12.  With Cutler out, Josh McCown has taken over and considering the match-up with the Rams, he should have a good week.  Alex Smith has been getting the ball to Dwayne Bowe more frequently and this will be the Chiefs biggest game of the year against the Bronco's.  A good WR choice would be Rod Streater since he's been Matt McGloin's go-to guy for the Raiders with Denarius Moore out.  He's scored 9 points in 3 of the 4 last games.  Wide receiver Nate Burleson came back strong after his forearm injury with 77 yards and a TD; the Lions schedule is favorable and Burleson would be a good pick-up for the play-offs.  Benny Cunningham at RB has filled in for Zac Stacy who's out with injury and made the most of his touches with 109 yards and a TD and that's no fluke!  The Buffalo Bills lead the NFL in sacks and interceptions and their upcoming games should bring major points for them; their Defense would be a smart pick.

This week I'll be playing Nick Foles who is back from his Bye in addition to Riley Cooper and I'm hoping their chemistry is back on track for some major points from both.  I'm up in the air as to play Cruz or Randle and that decision follows me around the entire weekend and taunts me considering Randle has out-scored Cruz (or gotten close) in the past few weeks and I've played Cruz.  I picked up Baltimore's Defense but will still consider playing Cincinnati as I've been able to count on them weekly.  I've got Rashad Jennings and DeMarco Murray back in my starting RB positions and look forward to that match-up tomorrow for the Thanksgiving games.

My Packers are playing tomorrow and with Matt Flynn starting I'm looking forward to a great 9:30 am game from my team!  I'm hoping to get a good start for tomorrow's games so that I can relax a little this weekend.  I'm playing The Westside Dukes and our projections will put us neck-in-neck till the end but we should know our fate at the end of Sunday night's games.  I can solidify 3rd place this week with a win, but need to gain some points to get back on track for a 2nd place finish.  Enjoy the Turkey and Football that Thanksgiving brings tomorrow :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment