Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite Holidays because it's all about what we're thankful for and eating, spending time with family and friends, and more Dinner! 

I'm thankful for this blog and creative outlet to share my life, experiences, and recipes with anyone that wants to read it.  At this point, I've written over 300 blogs and have had over 18,000 views in less than 2 years.  My viewership has grown and I think I've gotten much better at writing and sharing my thoughts, so thanks to those who have given suggestions and constructive criticism.  You've helped make this blog a success!

I'm thankful that I live in a city that is sunny over 200 days a year and can introduce me to new food and experiences on a weekly basis.  I'm thankful that my career is here in Los Angeles and things have been going better than ever; I'm Hosting for two shows at Afterbuzz TV and my play, 'Babes In Toyland' opens this weekend!  I'm thankful for the friends I have made in the past 8 years I've been living in LA, and the fact that in those 8 years I've had 3 different roommates and all of them have been incredible ladies who are important in my life and growth here in this crazy city.  I'm lucky to have so many different opportunities and jobs, I work at 4 different bars, and all of them are so different and bring a lot of laughter and fun to my life.  Which reminds me, I'm thankful for the people that know how to treat bartenders and those in the service industry, without you, I wouldn't be able to pay my rent or bills, so thank you.

I'm thankful for a beautiful car that runs and gets me where I need to go on a daily basis, an awesome apartment that has everything I need right at my fingertips, and close friends to keep me sane and brighten my day when I'm feeling stressed or frustrated.  I'm thankful for surprises from people you love, exciting dates with the one who makes you feel special, and trying new things...I know :)  Kisses!

I'm thankful for the entertainment in my life, shows right now like 'New Girl,' 'Betrayal,' 'Dracula,' and 'How I Met Your Mother,' that show me I can reach my goals if I work hard and follow my own path, I can achieve my dreams.  I'm thankful for Football, a game I am absolutely obsessed with, and so happy that I have a fantastic example of a real team, being a Packer fan.  I'm thankful for the wonderful food that comes out of LA:  Amazing sushi, steak, white cheeses, chocolate lava cake, wineries just an hour away, and awesome wine and craft cocktails found all over.  I'm thankful for a beautiful area where I can go on my run in peace and enjoy the trees, houses, and incredible view.  I'm thankful for my health and the fact that at 30 years old, I am in the best shape of my life!

I'm thankful that there are good people in this world who enjoy helping others with a smile, spare change, food, or anything that someone may need.  I'm thankful that people want the world to be a better place, that want to see happiness around them, and everyone succeed and do what they love.

But mostly I'm thankful for my family who supports my career and life decisions all the way in Wisconsin.  I'm thankful for loving parents who I can talk to every day and can always make me laugh.  I'm thankful to see their names show up on my Caller ID, a letter from them, or package with cookies or candy.  It's those little things that make all the difference and I can't tell them often enough how much I appreciate them and am thankful that they're around and love me.

Today may be a reminder to find out what's important to you and what you're thankful for, but the soul purpose of Thanksgiving is to recognize what's important in your life today and every day and go out and live that dream and share it with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment