Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Fantasy Football Week 9 Recap and Projections for Week 10

I always say that if I have to lose my Match-Up it's totally worthwhile if the Packers win.  I'll take their win and a loss any day just because I want me Team in the Superbowl but this week I saw 2 losses.  I had an absolutely horrendous week with so many players on Bye and gambling on new players and with McFadden and Rodgers leaving their games with injuries I had no chance to even get a decent point total and fell flat at just 57 points.  I left Ridley on the bench to score over 22 points, which was practically half of my total points for this week.  My pick-up of Ted Ginn Jr was worthless considering he brought in under 2 points but I have to be happy since Bowe and Jones nearly hit their projections and Jones was a good pick-up for the week.  Even though Kyle Rudolph went out with an injury it wasn't before he scored a TD and got me 9.50 points.  In the most unfortunate of situations my Kicker out-scored everyone on my team.  Yup.
My Week 9 Match-Up
I've already made some pick-ups this week and first off is Nick Foles who had a fantastic week with 7 TD's, no Interceptions and over 400 passing yards.  I suggested him as a great Pick-Up just a few weeks ago and with Aaron Rodgers out and Foles still available in my league, he'll be starting for My Dudes until Rodgers is healthy again!  Jay Cutler is supposed to be back this week and since he's un-owned in most leagues and has a productive passing offense he may also be a good starter if you're unsure about your current QB, lost Rodgers, or have your QB on a Bye.  Speaking of Foles, his partner in crime seems to be Riley Cooper who scored 3 TD's last week against the Raiders.  Even though DeSean Jackson is their main WR, Cooper will be an honest WR2.  Rashad Jennings will be taking over once again since McFadden is out and Jennings has some good chemistry with Terrelle Pryor.

This week I've got Foles starting and most of my accountable players back in the line-up.  I'm currently keeping Jones as my Flex Player and playing Cincinnati's Defense since Foles will be playing against the Packers and we need a win this week.  With Arian Foster still questionable and Ridley on a Bye I was forced to pick up another RB so I snagged Mike James from Tampa Bay as they're playing Miami this week and they've given up the 2nd most Fantasy Points to Running Backs this season.  It feels as though lately the only person I can count on is my Kicker and since he's also on Bye I picked up Justin Tucker from Baltimore.

I'm still in 3rd place in my league, just 2 games behind our leader but now my point total would put me in 5th place so I need a really high scoring week to come back after the joke of a week I had during Week 9.  Our leader and 2nd place will be playing each other this week and I'm playing the Cowboy Monkey's who are currently in last, and have yet to hit their projections this season but with my 2 losses in the past few weeks, it might be the Monkey's time to kick some butt.  I hope not but we'll find out during this nail-biting week of games!

No comments:

Post a Comment