Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Fantasy Football Week 11 Recap and Projections for Week 12

I won my Match-Up this week going into it a little doubtful considering our original projections were nearly 20 points apart with Green Bush Shorts winning but pulled off a win thanks to an awesome game by Nick Foles and my Cincinnati Defense who brought in 37 points!  My pick-up of Rashad Jennings was spot on considering he scored 22.8 points.  I'm a little bummed on my pick-up of Riley Cooper considering the chemistry between him and Foles in previous games but I'm sure he'll bounce back in the following weeks.  Thankfully Victor Cruz was one of Eli's favorite WR's this week and was able to out-score Randle, just barely, but got back to the double digits.  I really needed a win this week considering The Shorts and I were both 6-4.  I'm back in 3rd place this week and 80 points behind The Dawgs who are also 7-4 and tied with me.
My Week 11 Match-Up
Since Aaron Rodgers is out for another couple weeks and Foles is on a Bye I needed to pick up a QB so I went with Case Keenum, one of my suggestions from a couple weeks ago who according to Coach Kubiak will be the starting QB even though Matt Schaub took over for Keenum who was benched, and did worse in relief.  Carson Palmer would also be a good pick-up for this week if you've got your QB on a Bye and need someone for Week 12.  Bobby Rainey the RB for Tampa Bay, got 32 touches in the game against Atlanta and scored 3 TD's getting 167 total yards.  This week may not be his best week considering Tampa Bay is going up against Detroit but the next couple of games should be great match-ups.  Another RB to consider would be Montee Ball, who plays behind Knowshon Moreno but scored 2 TD's against an undefeated Kansas City.  He's a rookie so he's not completely reliable at this point but a good flex option.  As for your WR, Santonio Holmes is back in the Jets line-up after a hamstring injury.  Holmes should be targeted more each week and even though he only saw 8 targets this week he got 71 yards and should be able to produce even more for the Jets as he's back in action.  Some of my frustration this year has come from Vernon Davis at my TE position.  He's been injured, in and out of games, had monster weeks, and then done nothing the following week, so I'm always playing around with that position.  So if you're looking for a TE, Delanie Walker, from Tennessee has continued to pursue more looks and just this week against Indianapolis got 91 yards and a TD.  He'll be heading towards the number one TE position on the Titans again.

This week I'll be playing both Victor Cruz and Rueben Randle as they both seem to be scoring points and there's no way I can bench Cruz to play Randle, and I haven't seen any good WR's in our league's available players.  At least for now.  I want to play Rashad Jennings again, I'm just not sure which of my other RB's to bench.  I've got to decide between DeMarco Murray who is back from his Bye but playing against the Giants who've given up the 5th fewest Fantasy Points to RB's or Ridley, who continues to fumble but seems to find the end zone as well.  I picked up Houston's Defense this week since they're playing Jacksonville and they've given up the most points to Defense's this season so they should bring me some points.

My Match-Up this week is going to be close as there's not even a 2 point spread and I've picked up new players and need to count on them this week to hit their projections in order to win.  Onwards and upwards and good games for all my players and perhaps I can back up to the #2 spot in the next week or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment