Saturday, April 21, 2012

A College Goal

My Freshman Year at Orientation to the Theatre Arts Department we were told to write 50 goals we wanted to achieve in our life in accordance with our career and interests in life and I found it fairly easy to come up with my 50.  On that list was Singing the National Anthem at a Pro-Sporting Event or something that would have Nationwide Coverage and I got one step closer to doing that on Friday evening.

I saw last week on one of my Casting Websites they were looking for someone to sing the National Anthem for the Macy's 4th of July Fireworks in New York City.  I've had a cold for the past week, so I've been trying to get healthy so I could submit a clear and great video of me singing.  I'm still not back to normal with this lingering bug but the deadline was on Sunday so I made a video last night before I went into Gabe's to Host Karoake.  I had to start pretty low to make sure I could hit all the notes but was actually surprised that I was able to do it in any capacity and even my performance was something I would be proud of.  

This morning I listened to the couple versions I recorded and settled on the best one, made it a high quality video and submitted it today!  As I was reading through the rules and regulations I saw that it was up to the discretion of Macy's, but that I might be able to attend a Mets Game and then sing the National Anthem at it!  That would be so cool.  The voting will start on Tuesday and everyone is allowed one vote per day and I would love to be one of the Top 10 People!  I'll be sure to post a link so everyone can vote and hopefully you can help make one of my goals happen!  Big smiles here :D

Karaoke started off slow again last night but got pretty busy and before 10 pm we had a full rotation going!  I had a couple friends come in to visit so that was nice and even sang 'Lucky' by Jason Mraz and Colbie Callait for the first time in over a year and a half with Jonathan.  My new song of the night was Reba McEntire's 'Why Haven't I Heard From You' which is such a fun country song, so I was really excited to sing it.  The crowd was really receptive to everyone and very supportive all night which is always awesome to see because some people love to sing and others love to entertain.  Carolyn sang one of my favorite songs, 'Love Will Lead You Back' by Taylor Dayne which was incredible!!  It ended up being a very late night but a good one!

All in all, Friday was a very singing heavy day, and hopefully my Hosting Karaoke will help me get myself out there because I'm consistently keeping up my voice and working and rehearsing on a regular basis.  Fingers crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment