Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What did you do for Easter?

My Easter started out like every other Easter, getting ready for Church, picking out just the right outfit, and Sunday's choice was a floral dress perfect Spring the Sunny weather we have been having here in Los Angeles.  It was a fairly long Mass, but nothing compared to Good Friday where I spent almost 2 hours in Church, waiting to Venerate the one cross for the entire congregation, and sitting through a Sung Passion (which was actually very interesting and different, but extremely long).  I had walked into a packed Church, and luckily, a nice couple made space for me at the end of the pew.  I couldn't complain, beautiful music, smiles on faces, and happy kids!

My own Secret Recipe at Gabe's!
When I got back to the apartment I did some light cleaning and for the second time in a weekend got some Sun by the Pool...very rare for me since I get so bored just sitting in the sun doing nothing.  Since Lent was now over, it was back to Soda, Candy, Junk Food, Fast Food, and Hard Alcohol for me...although, not in that particular order.  I made a tropical cocktail whilst I sat by the pool: Passion Fruit Vodka, muddled Strawberries, Raspberry Green Tea, and a splash of Fresca.  Light and refreshing!

Then it was off to Gabe's to get my first Bloody Mary in a month and a half.  It was perfection and that's all I have to say about that.

Mmmm...junk food!
After that it was off to Rocco's in Culver City.  I hadn't been there since it opened (only to the one in Studio City) and was excited to check it out.  Made it just in time for Happy Hour and the Gin Cocktail and Mojito sounded amazing, so 2-4-1 it was and delicious they were.  Along with that, Neil and I ordered a White Pizza and some French Fries that came with Garlic Aioli.  Talk about amazing!?!  I had been craving Pizza and French Fries for so long, especially when Carolyn would order them at Gabe's when she came in to hang out, and I'd sit there, staring longingly at them.  Now was my time...and the perfect food for watching sports on a Sunday evening!
Happy Hour at Rocco's!
Since Titanic had come out in 3D on Wednesday, it was time to check it out.  It was already Sunday, and I needed to see it ASAP!  That was my 8th time seeing the movie in the theater, and what movie isn't complete without a Bucket of Popcorn, a Large Root Beer, and Sour Patch Kids.  Now, I love the movie, and was so happy to see it, but kind of disappointed with the 3D.  There were some blurry parts which made it seem unfinished, and the color was completely off when you were wearing the glasses, which you had to, because nothing was in focus without them.  I guess the 3D was more distracting than enhancing to me.  I wish they would have just re-released the movie, because I would have seen it that way!  Overall, it was an experience, but it was perfect the way it originally was, and didn't need all the bells and whistles added to it.

I had pretty much gotten everything I needed to eat out of my system...although a trip to Taco Bell, In & Out, and Jack in the Box are next on my list...I can wait a few days!  And surprisingly, I wasn't at all sick on Monday!  Everything in moderation :)

No comments:

Post a Comment