Thursday, April 26, 2012

What's for Dinner? Part 8.

Sometimes you'll see me using the same ingredients in a couple recipes and there are certain staples that I trust or add to a lot of my recipes because I enjoy the flavor or like specific items.  Balsamic Vinegar is one of the easiest things to cook with, has no fat, low in calories, and adds so much flavor.  Mushrooms are one of my favorite vegetables and I love to add them to sauces, salads, or omelets.  Garlic.  You can pretty much add it to anything for a little kick and it's so healthy for you!

The last time I was at the grocery store I had picked up Zucchini and it came in a package of 5 so I knew I was going to be adding that to a bunch of my meals.  I had also gotten flour tortilla's to make quesadilla's or wraps, so last night's dinner was designed around those ingredients!

Vegetable & Sausage Wraps
1 Apple Sausage
2 Flour Tortilla's
1 Medium Zucchini
1/2 Cup Mushrooms
1/3 Cup Onion
2 Cloves of Garlic
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
Salt & Pepper

One of the wraps!
I started with my pan and olive oil heating up then added in my garlic and then the chopped onions.  After that cooked for a couple minutes I added in the sausage and zucchini.  I sauteed for a couple more minutes and then added in my balsamic and mushrooms.  The whole mixture cooked for a few more minutes and I seasoned it with salt and pepper.  When all the liquids were absorbed I turned the burner onto low to keep it warm and after heating up my tortilla's, spooned the mixture into them.  I had made scalloped potatoes as a side dish.  The wraps were really light and fresh and felt extremely healthy.  It was a very low-fat meal that was big on flavor!  You could add any vegetables you wanted whether it be peppers or tomatoes, but I felt like these veggies all worked together for this meal.  Cooking for 1 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment