Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Swimsuit Contest?

Once again I'm trying to play catch up writing blogs for the past week!  I was in Wisconsin for 6 days and just got back late last night.  On top of all that, I didn't have much free time, and since we have dial up back home (yes, it still exists) there was no way I was going to be able to update my blog!

Last Tuesday I had a Swimsuit Audition for a Swimsuit Contest.  It was paying $100 just to be in the contest and you had the potential to win prize money as well so I thought it would be worth it to audition!  I got to the Audition location in Beverly Hills and made my way to the 4th floor suite.  Everyone was very cheery and upbeat when I got into the office.  I was able to go in right away and met T* who was going to be one of the judges for the Competition/Contest.  She went to get the Director of the show as soon as I got into the meeting room.

I met B* who was very out-going and friendly, which is always nice at an audition; plus makes you feel so much more comfortable especially when you're going to be in a swimsuit.  We all chatted for a couple minutes, both women complimenting my blue dress, and then I got into my swimsuit.  I slated and they took a couple pictures.  Then they had me walk the room and pose like I would at the Contest.  Of course, it's nerve-wracking because you want to look good but I tried to look confident and smile, I do a much better job of that then trying to be 'sexy.'  When I was done and was able to get back into my dress we did the interview process.

Some of the girls who got into the Contest weren't going to get paid and they asked me if I would do it if that was the case, and I've always been told to say things are negotiable, so that would be negotiable.  Then they talked about their Production Company and some of the projects they have coming up asking if I would be interested, which I said of course I would.  Both women said I had great eyes and they would love for me to be in the show as one of the paid models but that it was up to a panel of male judges and that I would know in the next few days.

I felt good about the audition but wasn't sure if the Competition would be something I would want to do.  I just had a feeling.

Well, on Sunday I got an e-mail saying I was picked to be one of the girls to get paid just to be in the contest.  It was a Vh1 Personality Hosting the Event with 3 Celebrity Judges and after looking at the flyer I realized I probably wasn't going to feel completely comfortable doing this and while it was a great compliment to be chosen and I'm appreciative of everything I am offered, I just had a gut feeling.  So in following my gut, I'm going to politely decline the offer and hopefully I won't regret making the decision to forgo the Contest.

Best of luck to all the Ladies that were chosen and will be strutting their stuff on Friday!  Rock on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment