Monday, May 14, 2012

Wifey Day

One of my good friends, Meggan, is leaving for Portland in a couple weeks so we planned a Wifey Day so we can spend some time together before she leaves.  We like to call it Wifey Time since we met in College at Winona, when we got cast in the play, 'The Most Fabulous Story Ever Told' where we played lesbians.  She was the girly girl and I played the butch role, who had a child on stage, but that's another story; therefore, we became Wives :)

Cabo Cantina with Megs!
So on Thursday Meggan came over to the West Side and we decided a fun night out in Santa Monica was just what we needed.  We always have a good time together and make whatever we do a ton of fun and always memorable.  Of course, we get to the Parking Garage in Santa Monica and Meggan realizes she doesn't have her license (she's over 25), and we both decided at that point, no matter what happened, if we had to go home early, we'd get some wine and hang out having a girl's night.  We hit up Cabo on the Promenade first, walking in the back door, and grabbing two seats at the bar.  The Bartender told us it was 2-4-1, exactly why we were there, and sat with our pint glass cocktails.  We decided on the Sunset Rolls which were always my favorite and as usual they were delicious!  Eric, my old Manager from Cabo Brentwood was working so he bought us a shot before we left too (Megs took most of mine, as I was driving later on).  Always a fun place to go to but in my opinion, the worst place to work!

After that we hit up Fraiche which had Happy Hour until close!  Everything was more expensive but still discounted compared to their regular menu and since we had already had something to eat we weren't starving.  I also recognized the Bartender there because he's good friends with my good friend, and we met originally at Fraiche on Main Street about  a year ago!  Meggan and I decided to split the Truffle Burger but start with the Salmon Tartare which was awesome!  The burger was so good too and both were the perfect amount of food.  This is where Meggan and I started to part ways; I was driving so I had to be responsible so I sat sipping my glass of wine for an hour or two while Meggan had an amazing Grapefruit Martini, then an Old-Fashioned (which was actually really good as well) and then a Sazerac.  Oh Megs.  Of course, our adventure at Fraiche wouldn't be complete without shots from Cole, so we had a super creative shot with cucumber and mint that was so refreshing I wanted to be drinking it outside at a cafe!
Wifey Day in Santa Monica
After that we walked down the Promenade to our next destination because we wanted to do a little Karaoke.  On our way, I saw the most graceful running fall I have ever seen.  Meggan literally tucked and rolled and clearly felt no pain.  When we got to Britannia they were carding so we couldn't get in so we walked down to The King's Head and while Meggan was playing darts I ordered a couple beers.  Megs lost her purse at one point but luckily I found it by the dart boards...thankfully there were honest people out that night, because it would have been gone if they knew it was a Kate Spade bag.  By now it was after midnight, I had my call-back the next day, we had been out since 5:30 and we were slowing down.  So we joked around and enjoyed most of our beers before I called it a night for us and drove us back to my apartment.

Megs & Ben...their first kiss.
On Friday afternoon Meggan and I went and played with Ashley's pig, Ben, for about an hour.  Meggan had never seen him yet, and it had been weeks since I last saw him.  He's definitely gotten bigger, but much more comfortable around people, and was more playful.  Ben can do tricks now too!  She was really excited to see him and play with him and he was such a good boy for us.  After that we picked up some Taco Bell and set out by the pool for a couple hours to soak up the sun, re-live the past evening's activities (like why Megs had the huge bruise on her knee from her incredible fall) and relax after a crazy night!

Our night and day was a success; it was quite eventful and I wouldn't expect anything less from my Wife ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment