Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Holiday Party :)

After an awesome Christmas Surprise on Saturday complete with Dinner at La Piazza at The Grove and the Boyce Avenue Concert at the Nokia Theater at LA Live it was Sunday which meant Football, Christmas Shopping, and my Bar Lubitsch Holiday Party in Hollywood with good friends!

Fox Hills Mall has really come together in the past few years and feels a lot safer and has more stores than it did when I was working at Level10 back in 2006.  I made a killing at H&M and got a ton of Christmas presents and got some more ideas from my trip to the Mall.  Plus, I had an awesome Lunch from Stone Oven, which is one of my favorite salad places because of their incredible Focaccia Bread served with a Basil Dipping Sauce.  

After shopping it was Football time because the Packers were playing the Lions for the Sunday Night Game and as I watched the Game I realized my chances of the Play-offs in my Fantasy Football League had diminished and I had come in 10th place for the year.  Eli Manning, you were the hugest disappointment of the year, along with my other players that were playing like Randy Moss, which really isn't playing at all, or only when he feels like it.  Jordy, Wes, Jimmy, Darren...injuries, great games of 20+ points and then weeks where you got me .5 of a point.  It just goes to show, some of the greatest receivers, running backs, and tight ends are still great, but just not Fantasy Football leaders.

Candy Cane!
I was so excited to wear a brand new dress I got from Foreign Exchange a couple weeks ago and my Bar Lubitsch Holiday Party was the perfect opportunity to wear it!  Our Party was at Palihouse in Hollywood and my friend, Jonathan, who used to be a regular at Saint's & Sinner's was the Head Chef there, so I was even more excited to try the food.  The Party started at 8 pm and had a Buffet until 10 pm with an Open Bar all night long!  Neil and I got to the party just before 9:30 and each got a plateful of food, complete with Cavatelli Pasta, Wild Rice, Steak, Beet Salad, French Fries, and Grilled Chicken, as well as assorted cheeses and meats from the Charcuterie.  Everything was absolutely incredible and what made it more awesome was that Jonathan invited us into the Kitchen to say hello and also see James, another regular from Saint's & Sinner's preparing the steak for the evening!  It was great to see them and Neil and I both wanted seconds but Dinner ended promptly at 10 pm and we had to snack on a few different bite-sized desserts that were just as amazing as the food.  It was definitely an impressive meal!

Matching Stripes!
The Party continued until 2 am with plenty of drinks and shots...I was drinking Hendricks Gin and Sprite all night and woke up on Monday morning with no sight of a hangover and feeling really good!  It's true...the better the liquor, the better you feel the next day!  A bunch of the Bar Lubitsch Bartenders were in attendance, as Adrian, Jessica, and Brian and I all took shots together, and when Jonathan was done in the Kitchen, Mike, him and I, all had an S&S shot together (which unfortunately I did not drink because I couldn't do any whiskey that night and I congratulated myself the next morning when I could still do my work-out).  Neil and I had our own turn in the Photo Booth as that was the longest line of the night...cheese :)  Dija looked incredible in her silver sequined dress and I was so happy to meet, Connie, Mike's girlfriend after hearing about her for the past 3 months!  The Bartender, Parker, made me the best Old Fashion I've ever had (aside from my Uncles who make theirs with Brandy)!  I won't give away his secrets on here but I'll just say you have to go visit him at Palihouse and try them for yourself...Neil and I split it since I was sticking to Gin, but I loved it even with the Bulleit Bourbon he used!  You make a fantastic cocktail, Parker!  As I chatted with Arky and his girlfriend, Danielle, who was visiting from Nevada, the whole El Carmen crew came together and they are definitely a wild bunch...and another shot I passed on, since it was Tequila.  Neil, I can't believe you kept up all night long with all the debauchery that was happening!  Haji, David, and Brandon, all door guys at Bar Lubitsch (Brandon also Barbacks) and I took some pictures and I did have a shot with them as we spent the last part of the night chatting and enjoying the Party!
Connie, Dija, and I at Palihouse for the Bar Lubitsch Holiday Party
Overall, it was a great night and an incredible party!  I had so much fun and was not only impressed by the amazing food that Jonathan and James made but by all the Bartenders cheerfulness and tasty cocktails!  This is what a Holiday Party should be!

*I think there is even a picture of Neil and Haji 'Dropping it like Raji' since I'm the only one who can really do Aaron Rodgers Touchdown Dance ;)  But I think I'll hold onto that one for a while!*

No comments:

Post a Comment