Friday, December 7, 2012

Lea Michele & Hair Metal Karaoke

Wednesday was a rather eventful day when I got back from my 3 mile run and stair session I got a phone call from Sande Alessi's Office (Casting Director) that my submission for Lea Michele's Photo Double on 'Glee' was accepted and they just wanted to make sure they had the correct sizes and asked if I would be available for an interview on Thursday.  I work every Thursday at Irish Times at 11:30 am and am there till 7:30 pm.  I told them I would be free before or after but at this late of notice, getting off of work was going to be nearly impossible.  Sure enough I got the call after 8 pm that night that the meeting was at 5 pm on Thursday at the Paramount Lot in Hollywood and I had to attend in order to be considered for the job.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to go and what a disappointment :(  Mind you, just because I went to the interview didn't mean I was going to get the job as I'm sure there were going to be a bunch of girls going but it would have been a great opportunity that hopefully will come around again.

Onto Karaoke night though...there was a Birthday Party just finishing up as I arrived so the bar was full but we only had a few singers.  I opened with 'Wonder' by Natalie Merchant while Lee kept the crowd involved with his up-beat country tunes.  Judy was in early so she sang a couple Patsy Cline songs along with 'Superstar' by The Carpenters.  Khad made a surprise visit at Karaoke for the first time in over a month so it was great to see him and hear his awesome voice again, opening with 'Welcome to Paradise' by Green Day.  When Sean arrived he decided to start a Hair Metal Round so his one and only song that night was 'Sister Christian' by Night Ranger with Khad backing him up...Motoring!  Khad's Hair Metal song was 'Every Rose Has Its Thorn' by Poison and he did a great job!  I want more 80's Rock from Khad!  I decided to join the fun and did Def Leppard's 'Bringing on the Heartbreak' which is one of my favorite Def Leppard songs and I had a great time with it; I think it was my best performance of it!

When Jamie arrived it started a slew of new songs from everyone with her doing a jazzy version of 'Sunday Morning' by Maroon 5.  Khad had some fun with Pearl Jam while Judy did duets for the rest of the night singing 'Bye Bye Love' with Lee and then 'I Got You Babe' with Foxy.  Jamie and I continued the night with a superset of Adele, her doing 'Someone Like You' while my new song of the night was 'Rumour Has It' and that's definitely a fun song to sing.  It's a difficult song and I'll be excited to sing it again when I know it better but I still had a blast with it.  Then there was a round of Disney songs with another duet by Foxy & Judy singing 'A Whole New World' from "Aladdin" while Jamie and I backed up Jasmine, and then Khad doing an amazing rendition of 'Mulan' because it's been a while since he got to sing it.  I did get to try my new song last week, 'Everything I Do, I Do it for You' a full note higher but something still isn't right so I'm going to continue working on it till I find the perfect start!  Jamie sang a couple more times, doing 'Angel' better than Sarah MacLaughlin and then singing another new song by Deana Carter which was beautiful as well!

Even though the night had to start a little later due to the Birthday Party and ended early because there were just 4 of us singing over and over again it was actually a really great night with a variety of music and lots of fun catch up chats had by all!  I'm really looking forward to our Theme Night in the near future...now I just need to come up with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment