Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Beverly Hills Friday!

After making sure Dad had Lunch and would be occupied for the afternoon, Mom and I headed into Beverly Hills for her Belated Birthday Present.  I was taking her to Lunch at Crustacean which would be something fun and new for her and since I've only been there once as well I couldn't wait to go back and share it with her!

Crustacean is so elegant and as we were seated at a table by some beautiful flowers we decided on our appetizers and got the Coconut Prawns and Rock Shrimp Tempura.  Since it was Friday we couldn't have any meat but neither of us was really interested in anything aside from fish and since Crustacean is known for their seafood we were going to be doing the entire experience!  The Prawns were good but the Marmalade Orange Sauce was the kicker, it was phenomenal!  The Rock Shrimp Tempura was a little bland in my opinion and needed a kick with the spicy mayo and I still have to say that Katsuya has the best Rock Shrimp Tempura I've ever had.

Our entree's and the Garlic Noodles came next!  The Garlic Noodles were as great as I remembered them from my first time there and Mom liked them a lot as well.  We decided to share two entrees getting the Steamed Sole and Roasted Corn & Mushrooms in this amazing sesame miso vinaigrette which really complimented the dish.  I really wanted something close to sushi so I ordered the Seared Tuna with Greens & Noodles that was served cold, so that made it interesting.  The dressing was light but once again needed a little kick to it.  I was happy to see there was plenty of Tuna and it was perfectly seared and delicious.
Lunch at Crustacean with Mom!
After Dinner we weren't too full to walk over to Sprinkles and pick out some Cupcakes to take home and sample.  I've only had a couple flavors so we decided to get the Black & White (which is my FAVORITE) the Vanilla with Milk Chocolate, Lemon Coconut, and one that was just like a Hostess Cupcake.  We brought them home to Dad and had a nice little dessert sampler and he even tried some of our leftovers from Crustacean!  Way to be adventurous, Dad!

Mom and I had a great Lunch and lot of fun chatting over some yummy food, in a beautiful atmosphere and there was no one else I would have rather shared it with :)

No comments:

Post a Comment