Saturday, March 23, 2013

Karaoke!

I know I said I wouldn't just write blogs about Karaoke but today's entry is a special situation because I've been so busy and haven't been able to keep up with my blog and in keeping up with my blog I was adding each week's Karaoke songs at the bottom (for each week). Since I'm a month behind I'm just listing all the songs here as my own personal reminder on what I've done and what's new and I'm also sharing it with the world.

Axl Rose on Halloween...can't wait to bring back
80's Theme Night!
About a month ago and just before my parents came into town (can't believe it's almost been a month since they came, the time went by so quickly) I started the night off with Tracy Chapman's 'Give Me One Reason' and then got the energy going with 'Hold The Line' by Toto.  I'm still perfecting 'Head Over Feet' by Alanis and that went really well but singing Jennifer Lopez's 'If You Had My Love' was quite tricky, and while I love that song, it may not be a good Karaoke song.  I had two new songs that night, the J.Lo song and also No Doubt's 'Don't Speak' which went great and I'll definitely be singing that song again soon!

A couple weeks ago it was pretty quiet and I had some friends come in so we all sang a bunch and I opened the night with 'I'm No Good' by Amy Winehouse and changed it up doing some country 'That Don't Impress Me Much'  and McCracken and I attempted 'Come What May' which was a new song for me, and just far too high for my voice, even after lowering the key, so thankfully Sean redeemed himself singing it with Jamie later on.  My new song of the night was 'On My Own' from "Les Mis" and I can't wait to sing it again now that I conquered the Musical Jitters.  I also sang 'Special' by Garbage and closed with 'Jar of Hearts' since it was a more quiet night and Aimee likes that song.

Last week was really busy and we had a bunch of people come in towards the end of the night so I only sang a few times.  My first song was 'Say You Love Me' by Fleetwood Mac and then I did 'Jolene' by Dolly Parton which I haven't done in forever and is such a great song to sing.  My new song was 'Here Without You' by 3 Doors Down and is one of my favorite songs of all-time, and I closed with 'Don't Let Go' since there was an R&B vibe at Gabe's at the end of the night.  The crowd was really supportive throughout the night and had a blast!

This past week's Karaoke I opened with 'Who Will Save Your Soul' and I switched it up to Amy Winehouse doing 'Back to Black' which is kind of a guilty pleasure because it's edgy and angry.  In keeping with tradition I went back to something light-hearted that I haven't sang in forever, which was 'Don't Know Why' by Norah Jones since Art sang it last week.  My new song of the week was 'I Wanna Dance With Somebody' of course, by Whitney Houston that went surprisingly well!  YAY!  Since Jamie stopped in we did 'Take Me Or Leave Me' from "Rent" and I closed out the night with 'Baby Love.'  It was a night filled with variety and just the right amount of people there that everyone was able to sing a bunch but it was just good friends and fun karaoke!

Hopefully, I'll be able to keep up with my blog but I'm proud that I've been keeping up with my New Year's Resolutions and have plans to start my show very soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment