Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Buckcherry at The Viper Room :D

I've been a Buckcherry fan since 2006 when their album "15" came out and 'Sorry' became one of their biggest hits and I started singing along with it.  Along with 'Sorry' was 'Crazy B*tch' which was just such a fun rock & roll song, and reminded me that there are some great Rock Bands out there today!  *I hadn't quite gotten into The Foo Fighters yet until 'Pretender' came out and then I started to discover and fall in love with their music, as they are one of my favorite Rock Bands to this day!*  I had been listening to a CD of Buckcherry Music for the past year as Neil had gotten me into their music and not only could they write these awesome rock songs but some beautiful ballads with touching lyrics.  I was hooked.

Cocktails on Sunset Blvd at Rock & Reilly's
Neil had gotten 4 tickets to Buckcherry at The Viper Room for last Friday as they were playing 3 shows there last weekend.  Kristina, Chris, Neil and I got into Hollywood and had a drink at Rock & Reilly's (a fun and wild Irish Bar with awesome green wallpaper on Sunset Blvd) with Neil's friend, Cory, before we walked over to The Viper Room.  The Viper Room was a small venue for Buckcherry, but I found out from Kristina and Josh Todd that night as he was talking between songs that they wanted to pay homage to LA because this is where they got their start and they appreciate their fans support through all these years.  I think it was awesome that we all got a chance to see them at such an intimate venue.

I had never seen a show at The Viper Room aside from seeing Neil play in the Acoustic Lounge last year and taking a mini tour of the whole venue at that time.  The place was packed but not overly so, that we couldn't move or maintain some sense of personal space.  We got a round of drinks and found a good spot where we all could see and were about 10 feet from the stage.  I was so excited as soon as the band came out and Josh Todd was wearing a bandanna, jacket, and sunglasses as he opened the show.  By song #2, the bandanna and sunglasses were off, and just a couple songs later, he was shirtless and awesome!  The whole band was into the music and you could tell they were enjoying themselves.
H.O.T.
They played a bunch of songs off "15", "All Night Long" and some new songs off their new album "Confessions."  One of their first hit's 'Lit Up' was played in between 'Everything' which is one of my favorites and 'Gluttony' which is a new song.  Some of my favorite slower songs which I thought they might play since The Viper Room is a more intimate venue were left out but they brought the energy while they played, the lead guitarist throwing out plenty of picks, and Josh singing and dancing as much as possible.  They sounded just like they do on their album and it was fantastic to actually see them live and be that close to the stage.  One of their closing songs was, of course, 'Crazy B*tch' and I even threw in a little of my own head banging!
An absolutely amazing show and happy concert goer's!
Our American Idol :)
 Overall, I can't say enough good things about the Buckcherry show except that I wish it was longer.  It was just over an hour or so long and I wanted to hear more because they did sound so great!  I think we all wanted to hear more music from them and people of all ages were at the show considering they have been around for 15 years.  Of course, Josh Todd, had that rocker performance charisma that made me want to jump on stage, dance with him, and hug him in all his sweaty glory but I didn't...perhaps next time ;)  Seeing Buckcherry at The Viper Room definitely makes me want to see more shows there because it was so much fun but I can bet this experience will stick with me for a long time!

*A couple side notes and an exciting extra:  We found a secure parking garage down the street for $10 which was great and we only had to walk a couple blocks.  The Viper Room was actually reasonably priced for drinks, with a shot and beer for $10 or their own house shot, the Viper Venom, for $4.  Coors Light was $5 so that was certainly a pleasant surprise to get some inexpensive drinks!  Then, on our way out and as we walked back to Sunset Blvd, we ran into this wonderful guy, who happened to be enjoying Hollywood and The Viper Room as well.  Chris had actually asked to get a picture with him, when one of his friends said, he was on American Idol.  Vincent Powell had just been kicked off the night before, but as soon as his friend had mentioned that, I remembered exactly who he was and how incredible he performed.  American Idol lost out on an extremely talented singer with a fabulous personality, and I know he's got big things coming to him.  It was great meeting you, Vincent!*
Vincent from American Idol and Chris after the Buckcherry Show at The Viper Room!
Plus, I love that I'm continuing my New Year's Resolution of doing new things.  A new concert for 2013, seeing my first Rock Band, Buckcherry, at a new venue, The Viper Room, and having a blast with my friends!  Hooray :)

No comments:

Post a Comment