Sunday, July 6, 2014

Birthday Dinner at Mastro's!

I love food and trying new places and even have a list of my Top 5 Favorite Steaks so I was stoked when Kristina said she was going to take me to Mastro's in Beverly Hills for my Birthday Dinner.  I've been wanting to try Mastro's for a long time but I was also a little nervous, knowing how fancy it was.  Kristina assured me it was a special occasion since we weren't able to celebrate my 30th in style last year like we had planned so we were going all out!

Wine & Martini's
We enjoyed some Rosé before Dinner while we got ready at my place and then took an Uber to Mastro's.  Our table was quaint and close enough to the piano player to hear him singing Billy Joel, Michael Jackson, and The Beatle's songs during Dinner.  Kristina had brought a really nice bottle of red wine so we got that started along with two martini's that had Stoli Blueberry and St. Germaine which were called Fleur de Blu and absolutely delicious.  Kristina suggested we start with Oysters and even though I was a little apprehensive, I was up for the adventure.  They were kumumoto Oysters and served with a healthy side of Horseradish.  I topped all of mine with it and that certainly did the trick as they went down easy with a little clearing of my sinuses.  So yummy!  

It was time for our salad and we got an Heirloom Tomato and Burrata and from here on out they split everything for us.  There was so much food I'm surprised they were halved because the portions were huge!  The salad was amazing and I loved how the timing of all of our courses was literally perfect.  We were never waiting and getting hungry but able to enjoy the food, let it settle, and then the next course would show up.  Before we knew it, it was time for the main entree; a beautiful 12 ounce Filet cooked an impeccable medium rare.  We decided on sides of Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Sauteed Sugar Snap Peas.  The snap peas were the best I have ever had as they popped in your mouth with a sweet but savory flavor and the mashed potatoes were so fluffy and had the perfect amount of garlic and butter.  The steak.  Let me just say, after I took that first bite, I sat back in my chair and sighed...out loud.  It was that incredible!  We savored every last bite and then they packed the leftover snap peas for me to take home.  No Birthday is complete at Mastro's without Birthday Cake so they brought Chocolate Cake with home-made whipped cream.  The whipped cream was so impressive and I loved that there was plenty for each bite of cake.
Dinner at Mastro's...being fancy with Kristina!
After Dinner we went to the bar so I could get us some Dessert Wine to finish off the fabulous dining experience and as some gentlemen allowed me to get to the bar, they overheard Kristina saying it was my Birthday and in typical gentlemanly fashion, ordered us a round, which was very sweet.  I appreciated the gesture and bought them their next round only to have that countered with another Birthday Cake and some Espresso for me.  They all sang Happy Birthday and this time it was an Olive Oil Cake and more whipped cream!  I could not have felt more special being treated by Kristina and being blown away by such an amazing meal :)

Thank you Kristina for introducing me to Mastro's; this is definitely going to be trouble because now I'm already planning my next visit, and next paycheck!  And thanks for making me feel fancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment