Tuesday, July 1, 2014

My Brick+Mortar Birthday Party!

I had my 31st Birthday Party at Brick+Mortar on Thursday June 19th!  I woke up on the morning of my Birthday feeling pretty good considering the previous night's festivities and went to work at Irish Times like normal.  I definitely had a little delayed hangover later that afternoon but after a Bloody Mary, I felt prepared for a fun night out in Santa Monica!

I had expected lots of people, perhaps a line, but it ended up being more chill, which was nice.  The DJ was really good, playing a mix of music, and the Hostess I had spoken to throughout the week had an area all set up for me.  She was amazing, organized, and very helpful throughout the whole process of planning.  One of my friends had gone up to the bar to grab me a drink, ordering from two different Bartenders, not knowing the one had heard her earlier, so 10 minutes later she walked back with two drinks for me.  Thanks Stephanie!  They both looked different, had different garnishes, and tasted different, yet were the same drink, just from two different Bartenders.  After that I stuck to one specific Bartender who happened to the the Bar Manager and his cocktails were delicious!  
With Stephanie, the girls and I playing around (Jamie & Ashley), McCracken and I,
Mikey & Dubb, and Tyler at Brick+Mortar for my Birthday!
My friends filtered in and out throughout the night, and it was great because Brick+Mortar had Happy Hour going on from 10 pm to close, on both food and drinks.  It was great to catch up with Mike and Jason and hear about Buki, Mike's new companion, until Riley Boy makes his way back home.  I was glad to have some girlfriends stop by, Ashley and Jamie made appearances, and of course, shots were in order!  Thanks to Jay Smith for holding the fort down till I arrived, since I was late which always seems to happen on my Birthday!  

Overall, it was nice to relax and listen to great music, and just enjoy a night with friends.  Thanks to who came by to say hello, have a drink or shot with me, hang out, and celebrate; you made my Birthday so special :)

No comments:

Post a Comment