Sunday, June 29, 2014

Birthday Karaoke :D

It was my Birthday a couple weeks ago on Thursday June 19th so my friends and I celebrated on Wednesday as well while I was Hosting Karaoke since I turned 28 'again' at midnight!  It also gave me another chance to celebrate with anyone who couldn't come to my Birthday Party on Thursday night at Brick+Mortar :)

Celebrating with Port Wine!
I decided on a Multi-Theme Night of music starting with a practice song to get everyone warmed up and mine was 'Like A Boy' by Ciara since it's a fast rap, perfect to prep for a night of singing!  After everyone had warmed up (and a lot of people showed up) so we had a nice long list, our next theme was Gender Bender.  So everyone had to pick a song sang by a member of their opposite sex.  My song was 'Rebel Yell' by Billy Idol; not only a great rock song but a crowd favorite!  Everyone was really great following the themes as the guys picked out some awesome female songs, and of course, there had to be some boy band music.  Gail had decided on 'Bye Bye Bye' by N'Sync and after I had a couple shots figured back-up singers would be a fabulous idea...sorry Gail!  All in fun, right?  The next theme was Decade's, and you had to pick a song from the decade you were born in mine being the 80's.  I decided on 'Shoulda Known Better' by Richard Marx as that song was a little bit of a guilty pleasure and one I had heard on the radio that week.  I think Richard Marx really gets forgotten about because I rarely hear his songs at Karaoke and there's some really good ones!  Lucky for me, I had a lot of friends at Karaoke, who were very patient since the list was so long, but unlucky for me, I kept trying to say no to shots, and I'm a pushover.  Judy brought a beautiful cake for Foxy and I so after everyone sang for our Birthday's and we blew out the candles we continued with our Decades round and then it was time for the Party Anthem theme.  This had to a be a song that everyone could sing along to, could be heard at a party, or was on any bar's jukebox.  I'm pretty sure I did a horrible rendition of 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun' by Cyndi Lauper thanks to too many Gummy Bear shots and that the song is totally out of my range.  I really think everyone enjoyed the themes and I look forward to doing another night like that soon!
Birthday Celebration Karaoke at Gabe's...with Neil, Leanne and clearly worried about that shot,
and backing-up Gail with Tiffany for 'Bye Bye Bye!'

Thanks to everyone who came out to celebrate my Birthday with me on Wednesday night, who sang Karaoke, who bought me a shot (hmmm, maybe not that), and made the night so much fun!  And a special thanks to my Birthday driver, Neil, who made sure I safely arrived at my destinations throughout the week ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment