Saturday, June 21, 2014

Ashley's Going Away Party :(

Ashley and I met almost nine years ago on Roommates.com when I was looking for a roommate since I knew I was moving to Los Angeles in the Fall of 2005.  She had this fun and flirty picture, looked like a really nice girl, said she was originally from Hawaii, and seemed normal enough to cross my fingers and hope she wasn't going to kill me in my sleep after I had moved to LA.  The first thing I remember about Ashley when I met her was how tall and tan she was ;)

Buddy Bing & Buddy Gellar
In less than two weeks Ashley's moving back to Hawaii.  She's been here for 11 years and comparing LA to Hawaii seems like a horrible idea, and I've never been to Hawaii but I can only imagine how beautiful it is, and how nice it'll be to be back around family and good friends again!  So last Sunday she had her Going Away Party at Freddy Smalls complete with snacks, pizza, and lots of candy!  Her friends from The Counter, where she's worked since she's been in LA, that I've gotten to know too, were at the party, some of her family that is out here, old bosses, and friends, and more were all in attendance.  As she's been doing for weeks, it's really hard to pack up 11 years of your life to take back to Hawaii!  Saying goodbye is even worse.

Of course, no Going Away Party for Ash would be complete without a dance party, some 'Baby Got Back,' shots, and tears.  Jeff was our resident DJ for the night and had everybody up and dancing (even on the bar at one point), and there was no shortness of alcohol either!  The party was so much fun and it was great to see everybody again for what might be the last time for a long time, but as we discussed, now I have a fabulous reason to get to Hawaii for a little vacation!

Once Carolyn arrived, it was nearly time to shut down Freddy's and move over to the San Francisco Saloon.  I got all of us one final shot of Fireball and put these two girls over their edge.  We couldn't celebrate properly without all of us taking a shot together.  Not only did we get 20 pictures in a row of us smiling, laughing, and crying, but an epic end to the night.  I got to meet Ashley's rats for the first time, Ben snuggled Ash as soon as she laid down, and I got to spend some quality time with Carolyn.
I LOVE these Ladies!
It was a late night but I wouldn't have had it any other way.  I love these girls so much, and as sad as I am that one of my best friends, and first LA friend, is moving back home, I'm so proud of her, and know she'll be happy.  And that's all that matters <3

2 comments:

  1. Omg! This made me cry buddy Gellar! Ugh... We have had some amazing times and soooo many memories. I'm going to really miss you buddy. You HAVE to come visit me in Hawaii. Bring Carolyn :) lol...

    I love you very much and you will always be one of the biggest parts of my memories in LA and always in my heart.


    Xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could write a book about our adventures together as we have so many!! Penny Lane, Darts, Wine and Cheese on my Birthday, finding the keys in the door after a night at Saints, trips to Vegas and Coyote Ugly, but what I'll miss most was you and me snuggling on the couch, watching "Friends" and eating brownie batter. I love you and can't wait to visit you in Hawaii :) Xo

      Delete