Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Alibi Room & Plops

Last week I checked out two new places here in Los Angeles.  I'm continuing with my New Year's Resolution of checking out new restaurants in LA and the first was Alibi Room in West LA and the second was Plops in West Hollywood.  I actually checked out a bunch of new places for the month of May (those blogs are listed in the May section) but caught two more at the end of the month!

Alibi Room features Korean Barbeque from Kogi's Kitchen.  I've had customers at the bar I work at and friends just rave about the Taco Trucks you can find around LA and here you can go to this bar/restaurant and enjoy it with a cocktail.  I had checked out the menu on-line and found a drink that sounded really good called The Betty White which was Vodka, Peaches, Lemon and Peach Bitters but when we got to the restaurant it wasn't listed on the menu.  Bummer.  I was hungry though and knew a salad wasn't going to do the trick so I decided on the Hen House Bowl which was marinated grilled chicken, with rice, a fried egg, broccoli, sour cream, basil, sesame, and red jalepeno.  It was really good and it was so much food I couldn't even finish it!  It was very chill and there weren't many people there but they didn't have the AC going and it was pretty hot inside and I'm usually cold, so that was slightly frustrating.  I am looking forward to going back again and try more food; I'll just probably sit outside where it's cooler.

Acquah and I are always in search of good cupcakes in LA and we've tried a few different places so we checked out Plops in WeHo last week which was actually cake pops.  They had about 15 different flavors and interesting combinations.  I went with the Oreo, Butterfinger, and Vanilla with Milk Chocolate.  We even went in for round two and this time I tried the Vanilla with Blueberry Chocolate and Lemon Cake with Peach Chocolate.  I did like the Lemon but not really the Peach, and the Blueberry was my least favorite of all.  The first three were amazing with the Oreo easily winning my favorite!  They were reasonably priced at $6.95 for six of them and figured a few would probably be equivalent to eating a cupcake.  Cupcakes will always win my heart but it's always nice to try something new!

I'm always up for food and dessert adventures and trying something new!  It's certainly easy here in LA with new places popping up everyday.  So if anyone has any suggestions feel free to send them my way, comment or post, and I'll let ya know what I think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment