Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Recapping...A Hooter's Reunion, Maleficent, and more!

I love that for the past three months I've been busy with performances and rehearsal for Creating Arts; it was awesome to get back into theater and be on-stage once again.  Plus, I loved meeting the kids after the show and hearing their stories.  But every once in a while, a little break is necessary, and last weekend was my first weekend off in months!

Kristina & I in matching blue :)
I had Hosted Karaoke on Friday night which was a lot of fun since my Wednesday's are usually pretty laid back, so this brought new life into Gabe's, and was a pleasant surprise.  On Saturday night, Kristina and I had planned a little catch-up since she had just gotten back from Mexico, so we made Dinner together, and then made impromptu plans to check out Ocean Bar on a Saturday night.  It was a spontaneous and fun night and great to spend a little girl time together :)

Then on Sunday I was going to our Santa Monica Hooter's Reunion.  I haven't worked there in over 8 years and people have come and gone, so it was nice that Angel had organized a get-together for all of us who had worked there to meet each other and enjoy some beers and wings as well.  We ended up at the Hooter's in Hollywood where about 10 girls and some of our regulars joined us for reminiscing and fun.  Jen (whom I had worked with, Angel too, all of us were bartenders as well) had a Wing Party from nearly 20 years ago that we were able to use.  A Wing Party lets you order as many wings as you want for an hour, so needless to say, we showed the Hooter's patrons how Hooter Girls eat!  I can't even tell you how many wings we ordered but I can tell you I saw lots of empty plates by the time I was leaving!  I'm really not a huge wing person but for some reason, I love my Hooter's wings!  I wish we could have gotten more girls together, especially for the time that I was working there but everyone is so spread out nowadays and have babies so it was more difficult than expected.  Still it was awesome to see everyone after eight years!  That was my first job here in Los Angeles and I'll never forget it.
Angel & I at the Santa Monica Hooter Girl Reunion!

This last Saturday I tried another new restaurant, my first for the month of June.  It was Magnolia Cafe, in North Hollywood, just a nice little cafe where I had some chocolate chip pancakes and Parmesan chips made from scratch.  A new restaurant but typical for breakfast.  I'm sure I'll be back there again!

That Saturday night, I wanted to take Katy out to see a movie for her Birthday, so she and her friend, Keeley, met me at the Century City AMC and we saw Maleficent.  I've been so excited to see this movie since Sleeping Beauty is my absolute favorite Disney movie.  I've never been a huge Angelina Jolie fan, I've always been team Jennifer Aniston, but I do enjoy her movies and think she's a good actress.  In Maleficent she actually blew me away!  I was so impressed by her transformation into the character, and how I felt for her the ENTIRE movie, even when she was being evil.  She looked so beautiful and after seeing the movie, there is no one else I can think of who would have played the part even half as good as she did.  She completely encompassed her role as Maleficent and brought tears to my eyes at certain points.  Not to mention, the visuals and scenery were just gorgeous.  They created a world unlike any other and told the story of Sleeping Beauty from her perspective and it gave new light to one of my favorite movies.  The only thing I didn't like was that it was so perfect, the viewer knew it wasn't real, and I would rather see some gorgeous Mother Earth created beauty than CGI.  And I wasn't really into the actor who was playing King Stephen, he did a good job, just didn't wow me.  Needless to say, I honestly can't wait to go and see the movie again.  I've been waiting for a movie like this to come along and break into my Top 5 favorite movies, and it did just that!  Incredible :)
How Hooter Girls do Wings...and that wasn't even half!
And I'll leave you with that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment