Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Ruth's Chris for Dine LA!

When Dine LA came to town a few weeks ago I was so busy with acting projects and work I actually didn't have any time to check out any of the new restaurants I had planned on going to.  Thankfully, I was able to squeeze in a late night Dinner at Ruth's Chris in Beverly Hills with Aimee and Andy, after working at Irish Times all day.

Amazing Seared Ahi Tuna!
I had made a reservation but it was packed so we grabbed some cocktails at the bar before getting seated.  I decided on the Strawberry Basil Martini which was so delicious.  It had just the right amount of sweetness, was strong, yet light and refreshing.  It made it all the way to dessert...score!  We started with the Seared Ahi Tuna appetizer which had a mustard, ginger, wasabi glaze, and a great palate cleanser before our meal arrived.  Aimee and Andy had brought some wine from their last trip to Santa Barbara and Solvang so that paired perfectly with our steaks.  I decided on the Summer Corn Chowder for my next course and it was far lighter than I expected, it was more broth-based than creamy which was perfect right before my steak.

We had all decided to get a different side, so I got the green beans and garlic, Andy ordered the mashed potatoes, and Aimee decided on the sauteed mushrooms.  It was nice to get all the veggies and potatoes to accompany our perfectly-cooked steaks.  As it came sizzling on that hot plate, I couldn't wait to dive in!  The steak was really good and hit the spot (not the best I've had at a Ruth's Chris, and after Mastro's for my Birthday, it's going to be hard to top that).  After all the appetizers and sides I was so full that I had to take the other half of my steak home because I wanted to leave some room for dessert.  This dessert was amazing, and I'm not a big cheesecake fan but it was Honey Cinnamon Cheesecake with Chocolate Brittle.  I loved the flavor of the cheesecake!
Dinner at Ruth's Chris with Aimee & Andy!
It was nice to get to enjoy a good meal with great friends and it was Andy's first Ruth's Chris experience, so that was exciting!  I look forward to my next Ruth's Chris steak and I can't wait to have another one of those Strawberry Martini's...a perfect Summer evening in LA :)

No comments:

Post a Comment