Saturday, August 23, 2014

Hosting HBO's 'Hard Knocks' for Afterbuzz TV!

Once I discovered that Afterbuzz TV was doing an After Show for HBO's 'Hard Knocks' I knew I wanted to be a part of it.  Christina and Stef had hosted the first episode, and Thaddeus and I joined them for the second and third, and we'll all continue hosting together for the next two episodes that are following the Atlanta Falcons this time around.  That first show had a huge hit and has been viewed over 35,000 times on YouTube!
Christina, Thaddeus, me and Stef talking Atlanta Falcons Football!
The main thing I love about 'Hard Knocks' is the insider's perspective into the practices, the games, and the team.  You get to hear what the coaches are thinking, how the players are feeling about everything from their positions, what they've done in the off-season, and in vying for a spot on the team.  You also get to see the growth of the rookie's and since Atlanta had so many people out last season with injury I do believe they're going to do much better this year.  Another great thing about the show is getting to see players that are great pick-ups for your Fantasy Football team, and you have the ability to keep your eye on someone and see them grow.  When you see a new player like Devonta Freeman, you know he's a guy that is going to get the ball and if you need back-up Running Backs, he'll probably be available later in your draft and a great choice for your Fantasy team.

Of course, I love my Packers but the Falcons have definitely started to grow on me.  When you have your own team you get to know about the players because you want them to succeed and watching 'Hard Knocks' gives you the opportunity to know the team they're spot-lighting as well.  Plus, the Falcons are a likeable team.  Last episode we saw Matt Ryan meeting a little boy on the field and he threw him a pass and then signed the football.  We get to see Roddy White, Julio Jones, and Harry Douglas joking around while they're out bowling, and just having fun on their off days.  You start to push for certain rookies to make the team and avoid that dreaded cut because you see the hard-work that they're putting in, that drive to be a part of the team, and love of the game.

Here's Episode Two of our Afterbuzz TV After Show for HBO's 'Hard Knocks'
 
I can't wait to see what happens during the rest of the season and I just wish the show had more episodes!  I'm so happy to get the chance to talk about Football for an hour with my Co-Hosts and fans of an awesome sport :)

No comments:

Post a Comment