Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Sara Bareilles at The Greek :)

Last week Monday was my last day of celebration for my 31st Birthday (as far as I know)!  Neil and I had talked about seeing Sara Bareilles again when she came to town since we had missed her show in Santa Barbara last year due to the wrong time being listed.  There was no way we were going to miss her "Little Black Dress" Tour when she played here in LA at The Greek Theater in Hollywood last week!

Todd, Tiffany, Neil and I before the show!
Neil and I got there just after 8 pm and caught the second opening act, Hannah Georgas, before Sara began her set promptly at 9:15 pm.  Hannah actually reminded us a lot of Sara, similar in both sound and fashion.  We located our seats and then went to grab a drink and met up with our friends, Todd and Tiffany, who were also going to the show, before we all got seated for the main event.  Our seats were in Row M so they were amazing, and we had a great view of the stage.

Sara opened with 'Little Black Dress' which is such a fun and catchy song, you can't help but dance and sing along to it.  I hadn't heard 'Love on the Rocks' much since it was off of her 2004 Album but I really liked that song; definitely had a blues vibe to it, which of course was followed by 'Love Song;' one of her biggest hits.  One of my favorite songs is 'Come Round Soon' and I got to see her play it at the El Rey Theater last year, and this performance was even better!  I just love the evil lyrics to that song ;)  Another new favorite became 'Manhattan' as that's off her newest album from 2013 "The Blessed Unrest."

Mood music for 'Come Round Soon'
Sara debuted a new song from the musical "Waitress" called 'She Used to Be Mine' and if she hadn't won the crowd over already, this was it!  She's composing for the musical and it was yet another beautiful song.  She did one cover that night singing Sia's 'Chandelier' and went to 'Gravity' right after.  It's one of those songs when you hear it live, at least for me, I can't not feel every word of the song, as it brings tears to my eyes.  Of course, she knows all of the audience is captivated so she helps all of us out by being goofy and singing the poppy and upbeat 'Gonna Get Over You.'  'I Choose You' was one of the singles off of her new album and once again had everyone singing along with her.  Sara closed out the set with her other single off "The Blessed Unrest" doing 'Brave,' which has such an inspiring story behind it.

It was a two song encore which brought another wonderful melody and an a capella version of 'Bright Lights & Cityscapes' which was amazing and finally 'Satellite Call.'  The show was just about 90 minutes and it was a perfect evening near the Griffith Observatory.  I loved singing along and dancing to her music and the crowd just loves her!
Sara Bareilles at The Greek...talented in so many ways <3
One of the best things about Sara Bareilles is that she sounds just as great live as she does on her album.  Plus, the concertgoers are able to see more of her personality; she's so cute and quirky.  You can tell she really enjoys interacting with the audience, she's the type of person you know you'd have a blast hanging out with!  This was my third concert I've seen her play, and definitely the biggest one.  And I can't wait till she's in town and I can see her again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment